Pakistan Super League [PSL] chairman Najam Sethi has said that Giles Clarke, the head of the ICC’s Pakistan Task Force, has agreed for three T20 matches to be held in Pakistan at the end of September this year.
In a tweet posted on Wednesday, Sethi mentioned that a collection of top cricketers from across the world will take part in the three matches.
Earlier this year, the PSL final was successfully held in Lahore and, following that, there have been muted calls for international cricket to return to the country.
Giles Clarke has reviewed security report of ICC experts & agreed 3 T20 matches in Pak end Sep of ICC Team of world's TOP current players.— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) April 26, 2017
Just last month, Clarke spoke about the possibility of a World XI visiting Pakistan.
“The desire is to give the cricket-starved Pakistani supporters the chance to see some of the world’s finest players in live action,” he said.
“The world of cricket needs to help Pakistan, who cannot continue to play their home fixtures overseas. The youth need inspiring, and the national teams need far more cricket played in familiar terrain. Furthermore, the terrorists cannot win and cricket must not give up on Pakistan.”
Zimbabwe are the only international team to have toured Pakistan over the last eight years, having played two T20Is and three ODIs in 2015.
Clarke, president of the England and Wales Cricket Board [ECB] was in Pakistan in January to assess the country’s safety, reporting his findings back to the ICC before later preaching caution of the PSL final being held in the country.