India captain Mithali Raj has closed the gap on top-ranked Meg Lanning to just five points in the latest ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings for batters.
Raj has been in superb form in the ongoing World Cup where her 356 runs in seven matches has helped India reach the semi-finals of the tournament.
Meanwhile, Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry has moved up three places to a career-best third in the rankings for batters.
When it comes to the bowling, Australia’s Jess Jonassen has moved up three places to the second position while South Africa skipper Dane van Niekerk has moved up 14 places to fifth.
Van Niekerk has had a brilliant World Cup, taking 15 wickets in six matches at an average of 8.33 which included a surreal spell against West Indies when she took four wickets without conceding a single run.
Marizanne Kapp and Perry continue to be the top-ranked bowler and all-rounder respectively.
1. Meg Lanning (Australia) – 779
2. Mithali Raj (India) – 774
3. Ellyse Perry (Australia) – 749
4. Amy Satterthwaite (New Zealand) – 720
5. Suzie Bates (New Zealand) – 703
1. Marizanne Kapp (South Africa) – 662
2. Jess Jonassen (Australia) – 658
3. Stafanie Taylor (West Indies) – 625
4. Katherine Brunt (England) – 613
5. Dane van Niekerk (South Africa) – 586
1. Ellyse Perry (Australia) – 416
2. Stafanie Taylor (West Indies) – 376
3. Marizanne Kapp (South Africa) – 288
4. Dane van Niekerk (South Africa) – 286
5. Amy Satterthwaite (New Zealand) – 266