Arsenal striker ALEXIS SANCHEZ is willing to take a pay cut in order to move to Manchester City, according to the Independent.
Bayern Munich, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain are also keen on the Chile frontman but his preference is to remain in the Premier League and join up with Pep Guardiola’s revolution at The Etihad and wants his future resolved in the August transfer window.
The Daily Mirror reports that Chelsea have not finished their summer spending spree yet and are poised to see Antonio Conte a further £150million to spend with the Italian keen on Southampton defender VIRGIL VAN DIJK.
The Blues boss also wants Juventus full-back ALEX SANDRO and is keeping tabs on Inter Milan winger ANTONIO CANDREVA.
The Daily Mail reports that Roma have tabled a bid of £30million plus add-ons for Leicester attacker RIYAD MAHREZ. However, the Foxes are holding out for £50m for the Algeria international with Arsenal and Liverpool also keen on the 26-year-old frontman.
The Mail also reports that Swansea are holding out for £50m for playmaker GYLFI SIGURDSSON as Everton boss Ronald Koeman continues his pursuit of the Iceland midfielder.
The Toffees are hopeful of completing a deal before their Europa League qualifying campaign begins on Thursday but their latest offer, worth around £45m, was rejected by the Welsh club.
And finally, Turkish outfit Antalyaspor are keen on Arsenal and England midfielder JACK WILSHERE, according to the Daily Mirror. The Gunners turned down a bid of £7.5m from Sampdoria for Wilshere, who spent last season on loan at Bournemouth, but they are open to letting Wilshere leave the club for the right fee.
Twist of Neymar saga: @mundodeportivo says Ney has asked for Coutinho who was ONLY a target to replace him. Imagine that at Bayern/Juve/RM?— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) July 24, 2017
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is being targeted by Turkish side Antalyaspor. (Source: Daily Mirror) pic.twitter.com/mrVQMymQ1N— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) July 25, 2017
The Spanish media report he wants to leave Arsenal after feeling “cheated” by the Gunners and seeing Alexandre Lacazette given the number nine jersey.
Borussia Dortmund are keen on the 17-year-old Manchester City and England Under-17 winger, reports ESPN.
Sunderland are in talks to take the Aston Villa striker on loan, writes the Daily Mail.
Provided by Press Association Sport
Romelu Lukaku is determined to make history with Manchester United and help Jose Mourinho “rebuild the club”.
Most onlookers expected the 24-year-old to be donning blue right now, with it appearing for much of the summer a case of when rather than if he rejoined Chelsea from Everton.
But Mourinho, who was in charge at Stamford Bridge when Lukaku was given the green light to leave three years ago, swept in earlier this month to lure the Belgium striker to Old Trafford for a fee starting at £75million.
And the United boss believes the frontman can play a big part in taking the club back to the top of the English game – a challenge Lukaku is relishing.
“For me, it’s all about winning,” the player said in Washington. “I want to win and now I’m at a club where winning is the most important thing.
“It’s something inside of me, so I just want to win and I want to help my team-mates deliver wins game in, game out.
“It’s always been like that. I’ve been a guy who is working to be a pro since I was 11 years old, so I just have a goal to win as many trophies as I can.
“At the end of the day, to play for a club like Manchester United is something that I’ve always wanted. It’s an opportunity I have now and I want to grab this opportunity.”
Close friend Paul Pogba was widely credited with having swayed Lukaku towards United rather than Chelsea.
The pair were together in Los Angeles as the move moved towards completion, but the striker insists it was Mourinho’s sales pitch that sealed the deal.
“We were just on holiday together,” Lukaku said of Pogba. “At the end of the day, I had to make my own choices.
“It was the conversation I had with the manager that really convinced me the most, the plans and how he wanted to rebuild the club and he wanted me to be part of it.
“I am grateful for the chance.”
Lukaku is enjoying working with Mourinho again – “I believe in his methods” – and immediately felt “something special” upon joining the group.
The forward has now been working with his new club in the United States for two weeks, opening his account against Real Salt Lake before scoring a superb goal in the 2-0 defeat of Manchester City in Houston.
It was a goal any of Europe’s elite would have been proud of, but Lukaku knows he is a way off being considered in the same bracket as the likes of Robert Lewandowksi or Cristiano Ronaldo.
“Yeah, of course (I want to reach that level) but winning trophies at the end of the day (is key),” Lukaku said. “At the end of the day you want to win trophies.
“I’m a goalscorer, I’ve always scored goals throughout my career. Also in Europe, when I played in the Europa League, my record is really good.
“Now I think the Champions League is the next stage where I have to prove myself and the club wants to do well in it as well.”
Lukaku: "I’m far from the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lewandowski. That’s the level I want to aim for." pic.twitter.com/7zg6aBHKgF— M•A•J (@UltraSuristic_) July 24, 2017
Asked if he was at the level of Lewandowski and Ronaldo right now, he quickly replied: “No, no, no – I’m far from that level.
“But it’s the level I want to aim for. But it’s all about the team. I want the team to win trophies and I’ll do everything that I can in my powers to make sure the team wins.
“Keep improving – there is always room for improvement. I just want to become the best player that I can be.
“I will never say it’s good enough. I will always say that I can improve.
“I’m 24 years of age. I can’t say I’m the complete package. I can’t say I’m in my prime.
“There is a lot of work to be done and I’m delighted that there is still work to be done. That means I can become even better than I am now.”
Lukaku may not yet be at his peak, but Mourinho has been pleased by what he has seen, praising the new boy at nearly every public appearance.
The United boss speaks about Lukaku with similar excitement to how he once did about Didier Drogba – a player Lukaku idolised and worked with at Chelsea.
“Not really, I’m different,” the Belgium international said when comparisons to the job Drogba did for Mourinho were brought up.
“Drogba is more of a hold-up player, a target-man. I prefer to have ball to feet and run in behind.
“It’s something we’re totally different at. We might have physical similarities but I think we’re totally different players.
“And I’m Romelu Lukaku – at the end of the day I want to create my own history. I’m at Manchester United, he was at Chelsea.”
Provided by Press Association Sport
Manchester City’s summer spending spree may not be over despite reaching the £200million-mark with the signing of left-back Benjamin Mendy from Monaco.
The 23-year-old became City’s fifth major recruit of the summer on Monday in a deal understood to be worth in excess of £49million.
His arrival follows those of Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Kyle Walker and Danilo and City may not be finished there with reports continuing to link the club with further additions, most notably Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez.
Manager Pep Guardiola is overseeing an overhaul of the squad ahead of his second season in charge.
Aleksandar Kolarov last week followed Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy and Jesus Navas out of the club.
Mendy has been particularly impressed by the club’s ambition to bring in top-level players.
The Frenchman said: “The technical leaders and the technical staff are very active in the transfer market, which means that Manchester City will have a strong and competitive team for the Premier League and the other competitions.
“I think I am the right person for the group. I am easily adaptable. I can bring a lot of creativity in the game. I can offer different solutions, I like to take play as full-back and provide assists for the strikers.”
Mendy has signed a six-year contract with City. It was initially announced as a five-year deal but that detail was later amended.
Mendy has now joined up with City’s squad in the United States, where they are now preparing for a second pre-season tour game against Real Madrid in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
He said: “I am very proud of joining Manchester City, this is what I wanted from the very beginning.
“As soon as the (French) championship was over, I talked to my family and it was all clear in my head, I wanted to join Manchester City. I’m really happy about it.
“Since I was a kid it was a dream to play in the Premier League and I will do everything I can to enjoy every minute of it.”
Provided by Press Association Sport