Watch: Tottenham star Son Heung-min accepts responsibility for South Korea's loss

David Cooper 18/08/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Son Heung Min (c) is among the experienced players for South Korea

Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-min admits he should have taken more responsibility for not helping his younger team-mates in South Korea’s loss at the Asian Games.

South Korea suffered a shock 2-1 defeat to Malaysia on Friday as Son’s side failed to build on their opening 6-0 thrashing against Bahrain.

Son, who came off the bench during the defeat, accepts he could have done more and has urged his team-mates to secure the victory when they face Kyrgyzstan in the next game.

Watch what he said below:

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections

Real Madrid youngster Federico Valverde set to stay at Los Blancos

David Cooper 18/08/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Federico Valverde (right) impressed for Real in pre-season

Youngster Federico Valverde looks set to stay at Real Madrid following his impressive form in pre-season.

The 20-year-old Uruguayan made valuable contributions in the games against Manchester United and Juventus and coach Julen Lopetegui is keen to see him develop at the Bernabeu.

According to Marca, the former Spanish supremo admires Valverde’s versatility, who can also play in the number five role if Casemiro is injured.

Valverde moved to Real Madrid two years ago but was loaned out to Deportivo La Coruna last season where he made 24 appearances.

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections

Usain Bolt is serious about football career ahead of Central Coast Mariners trial

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Welcome to Sydney: Usain Bolt is greeted by fans on his arrival

Usain Bolt insisted his goal of playing professional football was no pipe dream as he arrived in Australia for his training stint with the Central Coast Mariners.

The Jamaican touched down at Sydney International Airport on Saturday ahead of his “indefinite” trial with the A-League side. He will train with the team for the first time on Tuesday.

The eight-time Olympic champion, who retired from athletics last year, said: “This is real. I’ve told the world that I want to be a footballer and I know what I can do for the Mariners who are giving me the opportunity to show what I’m capable of.”

The 31-year-old has already trained with several clubs around the world, including Borussia Dortmund, Stromsgodset in Norway and Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa.

Wearing a Mariners scarf as he addressed waiting media at the airport, he was quoted on the Mariners website as saying: “This is a great opportunity for me.

“The Central Coast Mariners have given me a great opportunity and I’m just going to come here and do my best. I always put my best foot forward and I’m going to show the world what I’m made of.”

Asked if he was nervous, Bolt added: “Nerves are always going to be there but I’m more excited than anything else.”

The Mariners announced earlier this month that Bolt would be training with them, but emphasised the extended trial was not a commitment to a contract.

Most popular

Related Sections