Hello one and all, David Cooper and the rest of the Sport360 team will be with you throughout the day with the latest news, rumours and insights from Barcelona.
Our daily blog will ensure you have all the latest updates throughout the week but we want you to get involved, too.
Tell us your thoughts on what’s happening by tweeting @Sport360.
18:30 – Barca target Griezmann will let the World know
Antoine Griezmann has revealed that he will announce his future before World Cup 2018 in Russia begins.
The prolific France forward has been heavily linked to La Liga winners Barca, after having led his Atletico Madrid side to a Europa League win.
17:15 – Alcantara’s Barca return is a ’50/50 call’
The chances of seeing Barca youth product Thiago Alcantara snatched back from Bayern Munich leads the way in Saturday’s Transfer Predictor.
The Spain midfielder, 27, has reportedly been made available this summer and could return to the side he left in 2013.
15:25 – Escape to Eternal City opens up for Gomes
14:00 – ‘Romantada’ remains on Busquets’ mind
Ernesto Valverde’s men were humbled with a 3-0 loss in the Eternal City – nicknamed the ‘Romantada – to exit at the quarter-final stage, even after a 4-1 first-leg victory.
The PSG forward showered praise on the 21-year old after France’s 3-1 win over Italy, in which Dembele scored a brilliant curling goal, after team-mates Samuel Umtiti and Antoine Griezmann had already gotten on the score sheet.
“For me, Ousmane Dembele is the best young player in the world,” Mbappe said.
It was a fantastic gesture by the former Monaco striker who is himself a candidate and a rival to Dembele for the best Under-21 player award.
The duo are part of France’s terrific attacking prowess that also consists of Olivier Giroud, Nabil Fekir, Griezmann and Florian Thauvin.
Meanwhile, France face USA in their final warm-up game ahead of the 2018 World Cup, on June 10.
— QUALITY (@Quality_HReel) June 1, 2018
Ernesto Valverde’s men were humbled with a 3-0 loss in the Eternal City – nicknamed the ‘Romantada – to exit at the quarter-final stage, even after a 4-1 first-leg victory. This result stained a season that otherwise contained triumphs in La Liga and the Copa del Rey.
“We have to look at our own team,” Busquets told TV3. “We have to value what we have done – and winning the double is a good season.
“Everyone had what happens in Rome in their head, of course. It’s normal. It was a bad situation which cannot be repeated.”
Andres Iniesta has been a constant presence in midfield alongside 29-year-old Busquets for both Barca and Spain.
But the 34-year-old’s summer move to Japan’s Vissel Kobe has left a void at club level that his younger partner has admitted will be difficult to fill.
He said: “It will be tough to fill the space he’s left. But this is football: it happened with [Carles] Puyol, Xavi and keeps on happening.
“We have to work as hard as possible to make sure his absence is noted as little as possible. I have learned a lot playing alongside him.
“His way of seeing things, reading the game… And off the pitch, I have learned how to be a professional.”