Barcelona's Gerard Pique comes under fire after Antoine Griezmann confirms Atletico stay

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has come under criticism after many questioned his role in the documentary where in Antoine Griezmann announced he was staying at Atletico Madrid.

Pique is an investor in production company Kosmos Studios which made the documentary “The Decision,” released on Thursday, that featured the French striker.

The 31-year old had done a little promotion from his side as well – tweeting an emoji of popcorn with the words “ready to watch ‘The Decision’ tonight,” prior to the documentary being shown on Spanish pay-per view service.

The Spanish star later tweeted, after his Griezmann’s decision was made public, while taking a dig at the Barcelona media that had reported Griezmann’s move to the Camp Nou was a done deal.

“The most important lesson of ‘The Decision’ is that, sometimes, not everything they sell you is true,” he wrote.

Most popular

Live Barcelona Blog: Antoine Griezmann has decided where his future lies

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Welcome to today’s Barcelona blog. Niall and the rest of the Sport360 team will be with you throughout the day with the latest news, rumours and insights from the Camp Nou.

Our daily blog will ensure you have all the latest updates throughout the week but we want you to get involved, too.

Tell us your thoughts on what’s happening by tweeting @Sport360.

11:00 – Griezmann has made a decision on his future…

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann says he has decided on his future – but has refused to say whether he will leave the club this summer.

With ongoing speculation linking him with Spanish champions Barcelona, Griezmann had said he would confirm his position before France’s World Cup opener against Australia on Saturday.

“The decision has been taken but it is not the time or the place to talk about it,” he said.

“I am very sorry, I know you have all been waiting but I will not give my decision today.”

Most popular

Live Barcelona Blog: Atletico Madrid announce deal for Camp Nou target Thomas Lemar

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Welcome to today’s Barcelona blog. Jay Asser and the rest of the Sport360 team will be with you throughout the day with the latest news, rumours and insights from the Camp Nou.

Our daily blog will ensure you have all the latest updates throughout the week but we want you to get involved, too.

Tell us your thoughts on what’s happening by tweeting @Sport360.

00:45am – Lemar is bound for the capital

0612 Thomas Lemar

Atletico Madrid have announced they have made an agreement in principle with Monaco to sign coveted France midfielder Thomas Lemar.

The 22-year-old, who had been linked with a move to Liverpool and Barcelona, now looks set to make the switch to Wanda Metropolitano.

Read all the details here.

00:30am – Lopetegui’s Messi declaration

0612 Julen Lopetegui

Real Madrid‘s new manager Julen Lopetegui may need to have an awkward conversation with the club’s star player when he officially takes the reins in his new job.

Back in November, the current Spain manager had given an interview to Argentina’s TyC Sports in which he said: “Messi is the best player in history.”

Read the full story here.

7:47pm – Suarez trains with rest of Uruguay team-mates

Barcelona star forward Luis Suarez was spotted in training with the Uruguay national team ahead of the start of the World Cup.

The 31-year-old will be crucial to the nation’s success at the tournament as they vie for a third title in their history.

Watch Suarez and his team-mates putting in the work in training here.

BeFunky-collage (1)

6:40pm – Griezmann stays mum on where he’ll play next season

Barcelona target Antoine Griezmann has finally made up his mind on where he wants to be next season, but didn’t reveal the destination on Tuesday as was expected.

“The decision has been taken but it is not the time or the place to talk about it,” the 27-year-old Atletico Madrid star said in a press conference in Russia.

“I am very sorry, I know you have all been waiting but I will not give my decision today.”

Read more on Griezmann’s decision here.

Griezmann #7

12:30pm – Rakitic wouldn’t mind seeing Ronaldo go

Barcelona’s Ivan Rakitic was honest in his desire to see Cristiano Ronaldo leave rivals Real Madrid.

In an interview with Marca, the Croatian midfielder opened up on how Ronaldo’s departure would strengthen the Catalan giants’ chances at a La Liga title.

“I find it difficult to imagine that he will leave,” Rakitic said.

“However, football moves quickly and many things happen. He’s the player that makes the difference at Real Madrid.

“And, if he goes, I would be glad, I’m not going to lie. As a colleague, though, I hope he makes the best decision. As with Zinedine Zidane, I wish him the best. And if he goes, well, better [for Barcelona].”

See what else Rakitic had to say, including on Messi, here.

Ivan Rakitic of Barcelona

Most popular

Related Sections