Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez are both apparently eager for Barcelona to seal a move for Paris Saint-Germain and France star Adrien Rabiot so teammate Philippe Coutinho can play alongside them up front.
The superstar duo don’t want the erratic Ousmane Dembele lining up alongside them and reportedly would prefer the Blaugrana’s front three to be a South American triumvirate with Brazilian Coutinho replacing the Frenchman in attack.
In order to do that, however, the club are going to have to sign a central midfielder, and it looks like Rabiot is the man they want.
That is according to Diario Gol, who note that the duo are keen to see the Frenchman join them at the Camp Nou to allow Coutinho to move from midfield to attack.
Coutinho has shown during his short time with Barca that he is best when going forward and constructing attacks, something that he’s struggled to do for the Spanish giants when played in the centre of the park.
This news won’t be pleasant for Dembele to hear, as he’d surely want the backing of his teammates as he finally looks to get his Barca career off the ground following a stuttering start.
Rabiot though would surely be a great signing for Barca, with the midfield talent not hiding his desire for a move away from the French giants last season.
Good morning Barcelona fans. Matt Jones here. The Sport360 team and myself will be bringing you all the latest and greatest Barca news on Tuesday, whether it be transfer gossip, news, views or anything else from the Camp Nou.
10:15pm – Paco can’t wait to play for Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund have announced the signing of Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer on a season-long loan.
Alcacer, who has been capped 13 times for Spain, told Dortmund’s official website: “I’m really looking forward to playing in the Bundesliga soon.
9:05pm – Paco a done deal
Borussia Dortmund have announced the signing of Paco Alcacer on loan from Barcelona.
6:40pm – Pique comments on video
4:45pm – Alcacer nearing Dortmund move
Paco Alcacer is close to completing a loan move from Barcelona to Borussia Dortmund according to reports in German media.
10:24am – Gerard Pique says Paul Pogba would be welcomed at Barcelona
Read the full story here.
The France World Cup winner’s relationship with Jose Mourinho has been under intense scrutiny over the summer and appears at breaking point, with the United boss recently denying the pair had ever had a bust-up.
The Portuguese also made the 25-year-old his captain for the season opener against Leicester, which appeared to be a show of faith in the midfielder.
But after an encouraging 2-1 win, United have now slumped to two straight defeats, a woeful 3-2 loss at Brighton and Monday’s 3-0 home hammering by Tottenham.
Pique, who won the Premier League and Champions League with United, said Pogba would be welcome at the Camp Nou if his circumstances ever changed.
“We would be happy to have him here,” Pique told reporters when asked about Pogba.
“I know little about what he is going through in Manchester and the relationship that exists [between Mourinho and Pogba].
“Pogba is a very good player, but a Manchester United player right now and we’ll see if something happens in the future.”
Earlier this month Sky in Italy reported United had rejected an offer of £45m plus Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes for Pogba from Bara.
Ernesto Valverde’s side have so far signed Arthur, Malcom, Clement Lenglet and Arturo Vidal this summer ahead of the August 31 deadline.