Man City recall goalkeeper Aro Muric from loan spell with NAC Breda

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Answering goalkeeping shortage: Aro Muric.

Manchester City have recalled goalkeeper Aro Muric from his loan spell at NAC Breda following the injury to Claudio Bravo.

Reserve keeper Bravo faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after injuring his Achilles tendon in training on Tuesday, leaving City short of cover for first-choice Ederson.

Muric joined Breda on a season-long loan deal but City have confirmed the 19-year-old will return to Manchester on Thursday.

The former Swiss youth international will train with the rest of his City team-mates and could be in the squad to face Wolves on Saturday.

Daniel Grimshaw, 20, is the only other goalkeeper in City’s senior squad following the departures of Joe Hart and Angus Gunn in the summer, but the academy graduate is yet to make a senior appearance.

Given manager Pep Guardiola’s preference for resting Ederson in domestic cups, Muric may well find himself in action in the third round of the League Cup next month.

Muric made one appearance for NAC Breda before his loan spell was cut short, keeping a clean sheet in a 3-0 win over De Graafschap at the weekend.

As part of City’s partnership with the Eredivisie club, NAC said the City Football Group will help them find another goalkeeper before the Dutch transfer window closes at the end of the month.

NAC director of football, Hans Smulders, told the club website: “Due to the injury of the second goalkeeper, Manchester City came into a situation that we had not anticipated beforehand.

“Despite looking at other solutions, we eventually had to decide to return Aro to Manchester.

“Having a partnership also means that you try to help each other in these situations of force majeure.

“We help Manchester City with the return of Aro and of course City Football Group helps us to solve the situation that has arisen in the goal at NAC.”

Most popular

Eden Hazard will not leave Chelsea before the end of his current deal

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Eden Hazard insists he will not leave Chelsea before the end of his current deal – but has suggested he will leave Stamford Bridge when his contract expires in 2020.

The Belgian had been linked with a move away from the Premier League all summer, with Real Madrid touted as the most likely destination, especially after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.

Hazard had flirted with a transfer away several times but announced he would not be going anywhere this year.

“For the moment, I am happy,” said the Belgian playmaker. “I have two more years of contract and we will see what will happen.

“Leave this year? I will not leave. I’m fine here, we’ll see what happens in a year or two.”

There is a contract offer waiting on the table for the 27-year-old. Chelsea have offered their star man £300,000-a-week on a five-year deal but as of yet there has been no inclination that he will sign.

The Champions League remains the biggest prize Hazard has yet to win at club level and is his biggest dream.

Since his move to Stamford Bridge six years ago, it has been his major priority but as of yet, the Blues are miles off becoming potential winners.

They finished fifth in the Premier League last year meaning they must play in the Europa League this season.

And according to The Sun, Hazard will only think about signing a new deal if a return to Europe’s prestigious competition is made this year.

Chelsea travel to Newcastle United in the Premier League this weekend, with Hazard looking to make his first start of the season at St James’s Park.

He’s been named on the bench for the first two matches against Huddersfield and Arsenal, where he has come on to exert his influence in 3-0 and 3-2 victories.

Most popular

Tom Davies knows he must seize every opportunity at Everton

Carl Markham 22/08/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Tom Davies (r) knows he must take any opportunity that comes his way.

Everton midfielder Tom Davies admits competition for places means he has to seize every opportunity which comes his way.

The 20-year-old made his first appearance of the season in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Southampton courtesy of Morgan Schneiderlin’s first-half injury.

With the summer arrivals of Richarlison and Bernard, Davies knows he has to impress manager Marco Silva both in games and training but believes the Portuguese will help him improve.

“There’s big competition so for me when I get a chance I’ve got to take it so that’s what I tried to do,” Davies told evertontv.

“It’s always high-tempo training and everyone trying to get in the team, so it’s only going to benefit me.

“The way the manager plays suits me and the way he wants me to play is how I like to play and see the game.

“It’s high tempo. He wants me to press, get forward, be a box-to-box midfielder. That’s how I want to play, really, so it’s good to have that sort of freedom and role in the team.

“It’s something I’m looking forward to this year, developing into the player I want to be. This year I’m hoping to progress again and under the manager I think I can do that.”

Most popular