Barcelona defender Jordi Alba has revealed that he hopes to end his career at the Camp Nou.
The Spanish left-back has been with the Blaugrana since 2012, when he joined from Valencia.
The 29-year-old, who has two years remaining on his current contract, has gone on to make over 150 appearances for the Catalan giants and intends to hang up his boots at his current club.
“My desire is to stay at Barcelona all my life and I really hope that I can retire here,” he told Marca.
“It isn’t easy to play at Barcelona, but I’m in a very happy place and good moment of maturity in my life.”In football, things are very good.”
The French forward was heavily linked with a switch to the La Liga champions but decided to stay with Atletico in an announcement that was broadcasted in a documentary just prior to the World Cup in Russia.
Speaking to L’Equipe magazine, Griezmann said: “When you’re shown love at home, you don’t go elsewhere.
“They did everything possible to make me feel good, including bringing in important players and building a great team.”
He admitted it was difficult to say no to Barcelona but says there was no reason to move given he felt completely at home at Atletico.
“I feel like the base… or the most important piece of the puzzle, that is what made me stay,” he said.
Girona said on Thursday they were “working with the league and Barcelona” about what is thought to be a match in Miami on January 27.
Last month, the Spanish players’ union (AFE) held a meeting with a host of top stars, including Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets, and afterwards said it was unanimously against a proposal to place games outside of Spain.
LaLiga has agreed a 15-year deal with US media company Relevent to promote football in North America.
But Rubiales has hit out at LaLiga president Javier Tebas with comments that will turn up the heat on the controversial plans.
“Javier Tebas spoke to everyone except the people he had to speak to,” Rubiales told The Guardian. “It’s a total lack of respect, unfaithful and incomprehensible.
“This president demands a lot from others when his own behaviour, frankly, leaves a lot to be desired. We’ve not had even a single call.
“I haven’t seen the contract, so I can’t say much, but I will say this: the Fifa president protects domestic competition, and taking competition somewhere else represents an invasion of that country.
“He (Tebas) has totally ignored the players and even the clubs, signing a contract with a private country for 10 or 15 years. His behaviour was terrible.
“He has signed an agreement that it is not up to him to sign. What he has signed is worthless. It means nothing without our authorisation, so we will see what happens to this game.”
Former Barcelona star Rivaldo, meanwhile, has criticised moves to take the game abroad.
Ex-Brazil international Rivaldo, who made more than 150 appearances during a trophy-laden five-year spell at Barcelona, said: “In my opinion, the decision to play LaLiga matches in the USA is already a serious issue that raises lot of questions.
“I think that taking games to the US is wrong and seriously damages Spanish fans and players. Most of the fans won’t be able to attend the game.”
Rivaldo, also pointed towards Spanish football’s domestic season scheduling as another problem emanating from the proposal.