Real Madrid sign Brazilian youngster Ramon de Araujo Siqueira

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

European defending champions Real Madrid have signed another talented Brazilian youngster – Ramon de Araujo Siqueira from Fluminense.

It sees Real continue their South American recruitment, having already struck a deal with Flamengo to sign 17-year-old Vinicius Junior for €46 million.

Siqueira, 19, is a diminutive forward and follows in the footsteps of current Los Blancos star Marcelo, who also cut his teeth in Brazil with Fluminense.

He will be joining Real’s Castilla ‘B’ team, next season, after passing a medical and being given a tour of the club on Monday, according to Marca.

The Whites have been keeping an eye on the striker for the past two years.

According to the Spanish media outlet, the player is set to sign on a loan deal with an option to buy for €5m.

Most popular

Refusal to give Barcelona a guard of honour not a sign of disrespect, says Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Simpler times: Barcelona players giving Real Madrid a guard of honour in 2008.

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos insists that not performing a guard of honour is not a sign of disrespect as the controversy surrounding the upcoming Clasico clash continues.

Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane said last week that his players would not give Barcelona a guard of honour if the Catalan side has sealed the La Liga title before the two sides play next month.

The decision comes after Barcelona decided not to give Real Madrid a guard of honour when they played each other in December, immediately after Madrid had won the FIFA Club World Cup.

“Not performing a guard of honour doesn’t mean we don’t respect Barcelona,” Ramos said after Madrid’s 1-1 draw with Atlético Madrid gave Barcelona an 11-point lead atop the table.

“I’ve always said that we’ll do what the coach tells us to.

“People put too much value on the guard of honour, if the boss has said no then we have to respect him.”

Most popular

Related Tags

Zinedine Zidane warns Real Madrid that Champions League tie against Juventus is not over

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has warned his players they will be “put to the sword” by Juventus as they attempt to secure their place in the Champions League semi-finals.

Zidane’s men will welcome the Serie A leaders to the Bernabeu on Wednesday night carrying a 3-0 first-leg lead, but with their head coach insisting the job is far from done.

Speaking at his post-match press conference after Sunday’s 1-1 LaLiga derby draw with Atletico Madrid, the Frenchman dismissed suggestions his team are favourites to lift the trophy.

He said: “I’m not interested in any of that. We have to think about Wednesday’s game and do everything possible to get through.

“I’m not bothered about the past, just Wednesday night. We have to be driven, focused, not thinking about other things.

“Everyone is under some kind of illusion that we’re already in the semi-finals, and we mustn’t think like that. On Wednesday, we are going to be put to the sword and we need to get through it.

“We’ll try our best, we’ve gone through the whole season to get to this point.”

Real will entertain Juve having endured a frustrating afternoon as Antoine Griezmann snatched a point for Atletico after Cristiano Ronaldo had fired the the home side into a 53rd-minute lead.

Zidane said: “I’m happy with the match and how we performed because we clearly deserved more. It was a shame we didn’t get more from it, but we could have even lost the game at the end.

“In the first half, we created chances, but we didn’t score. Then in the second, we got the goal, but they made it difficult for us for 10 minutes after the goal and they levelled things up.

“We had a lot of chances and we did enough to win, but we didn’t get over the line. It’s a shame that we didn’t get the three points.”

Eyebrows were raised when Ronaldo was withdrawn with 27 minutes remaining, but Zidane insisted the 33-year-old needed a rest.

He said: “We’ve got a lot of games and from time to time, he has to rest and that’s it. He’s clever and there are times when you have to rest.

“Nowadays he needs it and every time it does him good, you can see.”

Diego Simeone, whose side beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0 in the Europa League on Thursday evening, was satisfied with a draw as Atletico attempt to close the gap to runaway leaders Barcelona.

He said: “We wanted to win in order to cut distance to Barcelona, which is our objective at this stage in the season with just seven matches left.

“It was an important match and after working hard on Thursday, the lads made an enormous effort and we got the draw.”

Most popular