Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign Portugal defender Nelson Semedo from Benfica.
The 23-year-old right-back will undergo a medical with Barcelona on Friday ahead of what Spanish media are reporting will be a 30million euros transfer.
A Barcelona statement said: “Pending medical tests on Friday, the Portuguese international right-back will reinforce Barca’s defence
” Nelson Semedo is one of the brightest youngsters at Benfica. The right-back has progressed quickly to the highest level, both with his club and the Portuguese national side, whom he represented at the last Confederations Cup.
“He was a key player in Benfica’s treble-winning campaign and in two seasons has played 63 games, scoring two goals in the Portuguese League and one more in the Champions League.
“At a height of 180cm, Semedo is an attacking full-back with superb physical attributes and he will be the ninth Portuguese to wear the Barca shirt.”
The Independent reports that West Ham are set to beat Newcastle to the loan signing of Manchester City goalkeeper JOE HART.
The deal is expected to include an option to make the switch permanent if the England international impresses at the London Stadium.
Newcastle will switch their attention to Hammers keeper DARREN RANDOLPH once the Hart deal goes through, according to the Newcastle Chronicle.
Juventus are preparing to join Manchester United in a bidding war for Chelsea midfielder NEMANJA MATIC, says the Daily Mail.
Matic will be allowed to depart Stamford Bridge once the Blues tie up a deal for Monaco’s TIEMOUE BAKAYOKO.
However, the Daily Express claims that Arsenal are prepared to offer ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN in a part-exchange deal to bring Matic to north London.
QPR defender STEPHEN CAULKER looks set to rebuild his career at Celtic, claims the Mirror.
The 25-year-old, who won a solitary England cap in 2012, previously worked under Brendan Rodgers during a season-long loan spell with Swansea.
The same paper reports that, having secured the services of KYLE WALKER, Manchester City will move to fill their full-back spot on the left flank by pursuing Monaco’s BENJAMIN MENDY.
The Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy could be another who could sign for the Sky Blues for close to £50m, after the initial offer of £40m was rejected.
DAVID DE GEA: The Manchester United goalkeeper has asked agent Jorge Mendes to make a move to Real Madrid happen, claims the Daily Express.
BRITT ASSOMBALONGA: The Nottingham Post says Burnley are set to beat Middlesbrough in the race to secure the services of the Nottingham Forest striker.
GYLFI SIGURDSSON: The Swansea midfielder has attracted offers from Leicester and Everton, reports the Leicester Mercury, but is thought to prefer a move to Goodison Park.
Provided by Press Association Sport
Manchester City could announce the signing of England right-back Kyle Walker from Tottenham as early as Friday.
The deal, reported to be worth up to £50million, is set to be completed by the end of the week.
Guardiola has been looking to bolster the City rearguard after seeing veterans Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy all released at the end of last season.
Walker, 27, will bring with him the experience of more than 180 Premier League appearances for Spurs, whom he joined from Sheffield United in 2009, and is expected to join up with the rest of the City squad for next week’s tour to the United States.
City are also said to have been tracking Monaco left-sided defender Benjamin Mendy.
The video below profiles Walker.