Barcelona planning to sell Manchester United target Andre Gomes this summer

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Andre Gomes

Barcelona are contemplating the idea of selling Andre Gomes, given bids for wantaway star Arda Turan have not been forthcoming, according to Marca.

Barca had been wanting to move on the Turkish star this summer and make some room in what is a squad jam-packed with midfield talent – but the 30-year-old is no closer to the Nou Camp exit door.

Indecisiveness over Turan’s future is now likely to affect Gomes’ Barca stay, with Ernesto Valverde apparently being happy to let the former Benfica man go.

Up until now, Manchester United have shown plenty of interest in the Portugal international and could well step up the chase for his signature.

Gomes, at times, found it difficult to meet the expectations of the home crowd last term, with former Barca coach Luis Enrique being critical of the midfielder.

The 23-year-old did not travel with the Blaugrana squad to the United States and was granted further holiday time after participating in the Confederations Cup with Portugal.

Most popular

Monaco willing to sell Thomas Lemar to Arsenal and Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid, Chelsea renew Alex Sandro chase

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Another day in football, another wave of transfer rumours to keep up on. Take a look at the most recent names and gossip being floated around in the media.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts by getting in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

KYLIAN MBAPPE

Monaco are reportedly willing to sell Kylian Mbappe for the right price, according to L’EquipeAlthough the club was said to have begun contract talks with Mbappe, a €180million bid will be enough to convince Monaco to sell.

Manchester City have been one of the clubs said to be interested in Mbappe but the strongest interest has come from Real Madrid, who are said to have made the young French star their top transfer target.

RATING: 7/10

SPORT360 VERDICT: Mbappe to Real Madrid has always seemed more a case of when rather than if, and the €180 million figure has been thrown around before. Increasingly, it seems like Real Madrid will get their man this summer.

THOMAS LEMAR

L’Equipe is reporting that Arsenal have had a third bid for the Monaco winger rejected. The latest bid was said to be at €50million, after previous bids for €45million and €40million were rejected.

However, the report also states that Monaco are no longer definitively ruling out selling Lemar, contrary to club vice-president Vadim Vasilyev’s statement earlier this week that the winger is not for sale.

RATING: 5/10

SPORT360 VERDICT: It’s still unclear just how high the Gunners will be willing to go to get Lemar, who could cost closer to €75-€80million. Whether Arsenal will be willing to pay that much is another question – and if they are, does that may mean they finally have to seriously consider selling Alexis Sanchez?

ALEX SANDRO

The Juventus left-back has been a Chelsea target all summer, but the chatter around the Brazilian had cooled until Friday. However, The Times are now reporting that Chelsea are ready to break the world record fee for a defender by offering Juventus £61million for Sandro.

That would break the record set by Manchester City earlier this summer when they paid £52 million to Monaco for left-back Benjamin Mendy.

RATING: 7/10

SPORT360 VERDICT: Earlier in the summer, Sandro seemed like Chelsea’s top target, with rumours suggesting a move was imminent. Antonio Conte has been looking for an upgrade at wing-back and the Brazilian has quickly become one of the best in the world at his position.

Juventus have maintained all summer that if the right offer comes along, they would be open to selling, and Chelsea’s record-breaking offer seems like the sort of bid Juventus would accept.

Most popular

Liverpool target Virgil van Dijk to be reintegrated back into Southampton first-team squad

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Virgil Van Dijk

Liverpool are still closely following Southampton star Virgil van Dijk – the man who remains a top summer target for the Merseysiders.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the Dutch star – who was left back at the club’s Staplewood training ground by manager Mauricio Pellegrino after he was deemed to not be in the right frame of mind to travel to France for their pre-season camp, has now been told he has to stay at St Mary’s Stadium next term.

The Saints want to keep the 26-year-old centre-back and are apparently ready to bring him back into the first-team frame, but Van Dijk is still hopeful of forcing a move away from the Premier League side.

Despite having a contract until 2022, Van Dijk told the South Coast club earlier this month he wanted to leave and Liverpool – who were forced to apologise to Saints after alleged tapping-up of the defender – are still confident they can land him.

Although Southampton are insistent no major sales will be made this summer, Manchester City are also waiting in the wings for the former Celtic man.

Saints hierarchy are set to meet with the defender upon returning from France in the coming days.

Most popular