Bernardo Silva wants Kylian Mbappe to join him at Manchester City

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Kylian Mbappe and Bernardo Silva.

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva says he would love former Monaco team-mate Kylian Mbappe to join him at the Etihad Stadium.

Teenager Mbappe was a revelation for Monaco last season in their title-winning Ligue 1 campaign and during their run to the Champions League semi-finals.

He has attracted interest from a host of major clubs across Europe, with City among those reportedly admiring the 18-year-old striker.

Silva swapped Monaco for City over the summer and the Portuguese will leave it up to his new employers to decide if they want to reunite him with France international Mbappe.

“I haven’t spoken to Mbappe – but he is a great player as well,” Silva said, according to ESPN.

“I would love to have him here, and you never know, but that is for City to decide.”

Speaking after Manchester City won 3-0 against West Ham in Reykjavik on Friday, Silva said of Mbappe: “He can be a superstar – in fact, I think he is already a little bit of a superstar.

“He is a great player to play with because he is so intelligent with his movement. He can be one of the best in the world very soon.”

Most popular

Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim hints Kylian Mbappe could leave

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Kylian Mbappe.

Monaco are determined to hold onto Kylian Mbappe insisting the player has not asked to leave the club but coach Leonardo Jardim has hinted they may not be able to keep the teenage striker.

Mbappe, 18, remains a transfer target for all of Europe’s top clubs with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United all, at one stage, believed to be at the front of the queue.

Monaco’s price is understood to be set at €180m (Dh778m) but the prospect of him leaving grew with reports on Friday that he has told coach Leonardo Jardim he wants out of the Principality.

However, vice-president Vadim Vasilyev said: “He must take the right decision, there’s a lot of interest. He has never expressed a desire to leave. Never!”

Mbappe played 75 minutes for the defending champions on Friday night in their season-opening 3-2 win over Toulouse before exiting with a knee injury. There was some concern the injury was serious with claims post-match of a muscle tear as Mbappe’s knee was heavily strapped, but those claims have been shot down by the club.

Jardim, who has seen Benjamin Mendy, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Bernardo Silva leave this summer, said: “It’s important to keep all of the players who were important last season.

“But down the years it has been shown that it is not always possible to keep hold of your players and you know how our project works.

“Therefore, our objective is to work with the players that are still here when the window closes.”

Most popular

Borussia Dortmund star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang confirms Chinese offer

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang said Sunday that he was the subject of a big-money offer from China, but his club Borussia Dortmund insist he will not leave this season.

Aubameyang, who is under contract until 2020, confirms in Sunday’s edition of Die Welt that there was an offer from an unnamed Chinese club, but Dortmund have said he will not leave in 2017/18.

The 28-year-old had been linked to China’s Tianjin Quanjin, who last month signed French striker Anthony Modeste from Dortmund’s rivals Cologne in a deal reportedly worth €35 million ($41.2m).

“Yes, I had an offer. But I think the Chinese were hard pressed to submit a bid to Borussia Dortmund,” said Aubameyang.

“I think the structures are still not as professional as in Europe.”

And the Gabon international admits he was tempted.

“It is normal that you think about it, if so much money is offered,” he said.

“I know that many people have said that you cannot go to China, because the football (there) is a step back.

“But I think that anybody would think about it when he gets such an offer.”

The Gabon hotshot, the Bundesliga’s top scorer last season with 31 goals, scored in Saturday’s German Super Cup home defeat to Bayern Munich.

Dortmund lost 5-4 in a penalty shoot-out after it finished 2-2 over 90 minutes before Marc Bartra had his crucial spot-kick saved in the pre-season showdown.

Most popular