Paris St Germain may not be done with their big spending just yet. The Ligue 1 club, who have already signed Neymar for a world-record fee of £200.6million, are reportedly on the verge of adding KYLIAN MBAPPE to their squad.
The Sun claims the 18-year-old Monaco forward will cost PSG £160m after the player’s father persuaded him to leave now instead of staying with the French champions for another 12 months.
PSG could recoup some money by selling SERGE AURIER to Manchester United. The right-back has agreed a five-year deal with the Premier League club according to Goal.
United could face a challenge to re-sign ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC when he regains fitness. The Swedish striker, a free agent after his deal at Old Trafford expired, is wanted by former club AC Milan, who want to take the 35-year-old back to the San Siro according to the Telegraph.
There could be some good news for Arsenal fans. The Sun is reporting MESUT OZIL is closing in on a new £225,000-a-week contract. Ozil has just less than a year left on his current Gunners deal.
The Daily Mail writes Stoke have rejected an approach from Swansea for the Welsh club’s former midfielder JOE ALLEN, while Sky Sports claims the Potters still hope to land BRUNO MARTINS INDI in time to play in their first game of the season at Everton on Saturday.
@TheSunFootball: “Arsenal offer Alexis Sanchez £300,000 a week in desperate bid to ward off Manchester City and PSG.”
@Agent_Edward: ” Florentino Perez wanted to sell Bale to Man Utd so he could compete with PSG for Mbappe but Zidane wouldn’t allow it to happen.”
After the player’s interview with the Sun, he has been linked with moves to Man United and Chelsea.
West Ham are reportedly offering the Argentinian a new deal to keep him out of Liverpool’s clutches.
The Brentford midfielder is wanted by both Newcastle and West Ham according to the Mirror.
Barcelona have failed with a bid for Borussia Dortmund striker Ousmane Dembele as they seek a replacement for Neymar.
The 20-year-old Frenchman skipped training with Dortmund on Thursday and was swiftly suspended by the Bundesliga club.
In a statement to the German stock exchange, Dortmund said talks with Barcelona had taken place but that an offer had been refused.
Dortmund said Barcelona’s bid “did not correspond … to the present economic situation of the European transfer market”.
Dembele was a no-show for training as Dortmund prepared for their DFB-Pokal first-round encounter with minnows Rielasingen-Arlen, and news of Barcelona’s firm interest may explain his rebellion.
He has been suspended until next week, Dortmund said.
Barcelona are seeking to fill the gap left by Neymar’s shock defection to Paris St Germain, and clubs know they have big money to spend after bringing in 222 million euros (£200.6million) for the Brazilian.
Dortmund’s statement to shareholders regarding Dembele was titled ‘Transfer rumours around the BVB (Dortmund) player Ousmane Dembele ‘, and ended with the club insisting the youngster remained their player.
It began by statting that Dortmund “held talks with the Catalan football club FC Barcelona regarding the possible transfer of the BVB player Ousmane Dembele to FC Barcelona”.
The statement added: “During this meeting, representatives of FC Barcelona submitted a bid which did not correspond to the player’s extraordinary footballing and additional value of the player and the present economic situation of the European transfer market.
“BVB therefore rejected this offer.
“As there has been no further offer from FC Barcelona to date, there is currently no transfer of the player to FC Barcelona and this is not currently likely.”
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists there is no bid that will persuade the club to sell Philippe Coutinho.
Barcelona are understood to have had a follow-up offer of around £90million for the Reds playmaker rejected on Wednesday, having already seen a £72million bid turned down last month.
Klopp has been firm in his stance that the Brazil international is not for sale.
And the manager was quoted on Thursday as telling Sky in Germany : “From a financial standpoint there is no price limit to let him go. A price at which we are ready to give in.
“Our goal is to have the best possible team so we want to keep our guys and add new ones. That is our plan.
“Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players. That is set in stone. So what they pay in the end doesn’t matter.”
Barca have plenty of money to spend, having sold Coutinho’s compatriot Neymar to Paris St Germain for a world-record £200.6million last week.
Coutinho, who joined Liverpool from Inter Milan for £8.5million in 2013, signed a new five-year deal with the Merseyside outfit in January that did not include a buy-out clause.
The 25-year-old was their leading scorer with 14 goals in all competitions last term, a season that saw Klopp’s men secure a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League.
Liverpool open their 2017-18 campaign with Saturday’s league clash against Watford at Vicarage Road and there are doubts over whether Coutinho will be available for the match, with him having been receiving treatment this week for a back issue.