Chelsea and Arsenal agree a fee in the region of £35m for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Chelsea have agreed a fee with Arsenal to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

The deal is expected to be worth £35 million and appears imminent after Chelsea fended off Liverpool in the race for the 24-year-old’s signature.

Liverpool can still make a late swoop for the player with personal terms yet to be agree with Chelsea but will have to move swiftly.

Oxlade-Chamberlain rejected a new contract at Arsenal worth £180,000-a-week, leading the club to agree to a sale with his current deal running out next summer.

Rather than lose him for free next year, the Gunners are now resigned to cashing in on the England international.

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections

Barcelona still chasing Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho despite Ousmane Dembele capture

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Philippe Coutinho

Barcelona remain hopeful of securing a deal with Liverpool for Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho, Barca sporting director Robert Fernandez confirmed as the club presented €105 million capture Ousmane Dembele on Monday.

The Catalans have until Friday when the Spanish transfer window closes to agree a deal for Coutinho, who hasn’t played for Liverpool since submitting a transfer request to try and force through a move earlier this month.

“In the few days that remain we hope to reach an agreement and be able to present a new player,” said Fernandez when asked how negotiations for Coutinho were developing.

“We know the profile and above all the position of the player we want, and we need to improve with the departures there have been.”

Barca have been forced into a last minute shopping spree after Neymar’s decision to leave the club for a world record 222 million euros earlier this month.

Dembele, whose fee could yet rise to 145 million euros depending on add-ons related to his performance, became Barca’s fifth signing of the summer on Friday after Marlon Santos, Gerard Deulofeu, Nelson Semedo and Paulinho.

And Fernandez admitted his intention is for two more players to arrive at the Camp Nou before Friday.

“My intention is that another player will come, if possible two,” he added.

However, Fernandez categorically ruled out a move for Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri.

The Ivorian blasted Nice in an explosive interview with Barcelona-based Mundo Deportivo on Monday, claiming the club had renagued on a deal to sell him to Barca by upping their asking price due to interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

“He is totally ruled out,” said Fernandez. “He is a player with excellent conditions, but, having analysed things, the priority is other positions.”

Provided by AFP Sport

Most popular

Related Sections

Liverpool target Renato Sanches loan deal as Naby Keita set to join next summer

David Cooper 28/08/2017
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Liverpool are favourites to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches on loan, reports on England claim.

The transfer window closes on Thursday but Jurgen Klopp may yet be able to bolster his midfield with the signing of the Portuguese international.

Liverpool have on Monday agreed a deal with RB Leipzig to sign Naby Keita but the midfielder will only join the club next summer.

The Guinea international has been a prime target for Liverpool in this transfer window but Leipzig have been determined to hold on to him as they prepare for their maiden Champions League venture.

Keita is set to undergo a medical on Monday to finalise the deal.

Signing Sanches would hand the Anfield outfit a stop-gap for the current season as they return to the Champions League.

The 20-year-old has struggled for playing time at Bayern after moving to the Bundesliga last summer following an impressive European Championships with Portugal.

Carlo Ancelotti insisted last month that the player would not be loaned out but admitted a permanent deal could be on the cards.

However, with substantial offers not forthcoming, the club will now consider a loan deal and Liverpool appear to be front-runners.

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections