Another day in football, another wave of transfer rumours to keep up on. Take a look at the most recent names and gossip being floated around in the media.
Will any of the following deals happen?
Marek Hamsik admitted it would be a hard decision if Manchester United made a move for him next summer.
The Napoli midfielder has been linked to a host of clubs over the past number of seasons but has always remained loyal to the Light Blues.
With over 300 Serie A appearances in his 10 seasons at Naples, the Slovakian international is considered one of the best creative midfielders in Europe.
Hamsik is an icon at Stadio San Paolo but the club’s inability to challenge for titles may lead him to move in the future.
But in spite of the interest to secure his services, it seems the player would like to see out his career at the club.
Barcelona have contacted Maxime Lopez’s agents in an attempt to sign the Marseille midfielder, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The 19-year-old has also been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid.
The Frenchman is reportedly a massive Barca fan, with Ernesto Valverde hoping that will prove a driving factor in their efforts to sign the ‘next Xavi’ next summer.
After a failed bid for Philippe Coutinho, Barcelona have turned their attentions to signing Lopez.
He’s definitely the best long term option for Barcelona as his ability to beat defenders with pace and purpose would add another element to Valverde’s attack.
Although he has just 33 Ligue 1 appearances under his belt, it is unrealistic that Barcelona could expect him to play 40 games a season.
Marseille may not want to lose a player of his calibre, but a significant fee would be difficult to withstand.
Emre Can’s representatives have requested a release clause included in any new contract the midfielder signs with Liverpool, according to The Times.
The German international is in the final year of his contract at Anfield and could be available for £9 million – a bargain buy for Juventus.
Liverpool are reported to be reluctant to accept the demand for a release clause.
It’s no secret that Juventus are on the lookout for a defensive midfielder and after missing out on Nemanja Matic who joined Manchester United last month.
With only a year left on his contract, Can is yet to sign an extension and may be weighing up his options.
It would be hard for him to turn down an offer from Juventus, where he would more or less be guaranteed trophies.
Fenerbahce have reportedly claimed they came “very close” to signing Diego Costa from Chelsea ahead of the Turkish transfer window closing on Friday.
The Istanbul-based club were pursuing a loan deal for Costa, according to reports in Turkey, but manager Aykut Kocaman indicated that had fallen through.
Costa, 28, is yet to return to Chelsea for the new season, having remained in Brazil in a bid to force a move to Atletico Madrid. Atletico’s transfer ban means the Spain forward cannot join them until January at the earliest.
Now Fenerbahce are said to have been negotiating to bring him to their Sukru Saracoglu stadium.
“The transfer of Diego Costa was very close. But then the result was negative,” Kocaman said, quoted by local media including CNN’s Turkish website.
Arsenal are set to revive their £92million bid for Monaco midfielder THOMAS LEMAR in January, according to the Daily Star.
The Gunners have reportedly agreed a deal in principle for the France international on a five-year contract worth around £250,000-a-week.
Paris St Germain forward JULIAN DRAXLER, a reported target for Arsenal this summer, told his Germany team-mates he wanted to join Barcelona in the recent transfer window, reports Mundo Deportivo.
The 23-year-old was linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez.
Manchester United are expected to approach JOSE MOURINHO over extending his contract beyond 2019, the Daily Telegraph reports.
The Red Devils boss is less than halfway through his existing deal, although talks in November will help ensure a smooth conclusion to any potential new contract next summer.
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) September 7, 2017
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) September 7, 2017
PLAYERS TO WATCH
WILLIAM CARVALHO: Despite acrimony over a failed transfer deal this summer, West Ham are plotting a move for the Sporting Lisbon midfielder in January, The Sun reports.
A row over alleged name-calling by Sporting director Nuno Saraiva is reportedly threatening to end up in the courtroom but Hammers bosses “know a player when they see one”, a club insider told the paper.
DIEGO COSTA: The Chelsea striker, who reportedly almost joined Fenerbahce on loan before the Turkish transfer window closed on Friday, is still expected to link up with Atletico Madrid.
Rojiblancos president Enrique Cerezo told Marca: “Diego Costa? We cannot buy before January, after this date we can get Diego Costa and many others.”