Jean Michael Seri unaffected by Barcelona transfer breakdown, Andres Iniesta denies rift with Blaugrana president

David Cooper 10/09/2017
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Football focused: Seri.

The transfer window may not open again until January 1 2018 but that hasn’t put an end to plenty of speculation throughout Europe.

Here, we take a look at three big stories dominating the headlines on Sunday.

What’s your view on Seri and Iniesta? And should Real sign Werner?

Let us know your thoughts.

Get in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

SERI FOCUSED ON CLUB FOOTBALL

Jean Michael Seri is “not destabilized” following his failed transfer to Barcelona and is focused on his football with Nice.

The 26-year-old was on the verge of moving to the Nou Camp club before last month’s transfer window deadline but the Catalan side pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute – instead, signing Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund for an initial €105million.

Speaking to L’Equipe following Nice’s 4-0 rout over Monaco on Saturday, the central midfield man said: “I turned the page after August 31.”

While Barcelona and many other of Europe’s top clubs could still re-enter the race to sign the Ivorian star in January, for now, Ligue 1 competition is the only priority for Seri.

BARCA WILL ALWAYS BE HOME

Andres Iniesta has revealed he wasn’t trying to undermine club president Josep Maria Bartomeu by confirming he had not penned a new contract extension at the Nou Camp.

Club legend Iniesta, who is out of contract at the end of the season, had apparently – according to Bartomeu – agreed terms to extend his 15-year Blaugrana stay.

But the midfielder claimed that was not the case last week.

However, speaking after Barca’s thumping home victory over Espanyol on Saturday night, the World Cup winner said his home will always be with his club in Catalonia.

He told Marca: “I spoke with the club, those who know me know that I would never put my personal circumstances into a club situation, I didn’t say what I did to contradict the president, it was the truth about the situation.

“It has been a long time since we started talking with the club, they are going to do as they please and my only desire is to have a good season and achieve things with this club, whether I stay or not this is my home.”

A resolution to Iniesta’s contract situation, and indeed Lionel Messi’s, is high on Bartomeu’s agenda to fix before both players will be allowed to negotiate free transfers in 2018.

BARCELONA, SPAIN - SEPTEMBER 09: Andres Iniesta (L) of Barcelona is tackled by Papakouli Diop of Espanyol during the La Liga match between Barcelona and Espanyol at Camp Nou on September 9, 2017 in Barcelona, Spain. (Photo by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images)

Cool and calm: Iniesta is giving little away about his contractual status.

REAL KEEPING TABS ON RP LEIPZIG MAN

Zinedine Zidane is reportedly continuing to monitor the progress of RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner, according to AS.

Los Blancos have been short of goals in La Liga this term in the absence of the suspended Cristiano Ronaldo while Karim Benzema sustained a hamstring injury against Levante and Alvaro Morata left the club in the summer.

It has led to speculation the Whites will step up interest in the Germany international in January.

Despite being only 21, the former Stuttgart youth prodigy has more than an eye for goal and has already bagged four to his name this season.

HAMBURG, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 08: Timo Werner of Leipzig in action during the Bundesliga match between Hamburger SV and RB Leipzig at Volksparkstadion on September 8, 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. (Photo by Oliver Hardt/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Hot property: Timo Werner.

Most popular

Related Sections

Isco to reject Man United deal and sign new Real Madrid contract, West Ham to return with January bid for Carvalho

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Real Madrid star man: Isco.

Another day in football, another wave of transfer rumours to keep up on. Take a look at the most recent names and gossip being floated around in the media.

Will any of the following deals happen in January?

Let us know your thoughts by getting in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

ISCO

The Real Madrid superstar is set to turn down deals from Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur to sign a new contract at the Bernabeu, according to the Sun.

Isco has been instrumental this season so far and played a key role in Spain’s recent wins over Italy and Lichtenstein.

With his current deal set to expire at the end of the season, a host of clubs have stepped in try and lure the 25-year-old away from Madrid, but he insists his future remains in the Spanish capital.

RATING: 3/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

No midfielder had been involved in more goals than Isco in La Liga last season (10 goals, eight assists) and the 25-year-old is a key man for Real moving forward.

Isco.

Isco.

WILLIAM CARVALHO

West Ham will launch a fresh £35 million bid for Sporting Lisbon star William Carvalho in January, according to the Sun.

The collapse of a deadline day deal for the Portuguese midfielder has led to the relationship between the two clubs hitting rock bottom.

West Ham claim Lisbon kept changing details of the deal – including the price – while Lisbon have reportedly said no bid was ever made.

The 25-year-old has been previously linked with a move to Manchester United.

RATING: 7/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

Sporting’s president said recently he would be willing to negotiate over the contract clauses of some of his players to raise funds and this could help Slaven Bilic in his pursuit of the 25-year-old.

Bilic needs to significantly bolster his midfield options and Carvalho is seen as the perfect recruit as the combative defensive midfielder would have no issue adjusting to life in the Premier League.

William Carvalho (L).

William Carvalho (L).

JAMIE VARDY

Jamie Vardy has revealed that he wants to join a foreign club when he leaves Leicester, according to the Daily Star.

Vardy was close to leaving Leicester last summer, when it seemed he was on the verge of a move to Arsenal, but the Foxes refused to let their star striker go.

It’s not known whether there’s a price at which Leicester would consider selling Vardy this summer.

The 30-year-old played a starring role in the Foxes’ miraculous Premier League triumph 16 months ago, and although he failed to hit the same heights last season there were signs that he was rediscovering his best form towards the end of the campaign.

RATING: 5/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

Leicester may finally be ready to cash in on Vardy and the likes of Fenerbahce and Inter Milan could easily be the highest bidders.

Although 31 in January, the England international remains ambitious to win more trophies.

Jamie Vardy.

Jamie Vardy.

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections

Manchester United favourites to sign Marek Hamsik, Barcelona target Marseille's Maxime Lopez

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Another day in football, another wave of transfer rumours to keep up on. Take a look at the most recent names and gossip being floated around in the media.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts by getting in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

MAREK HAMSIK

Marek Hamsik admitted it would be a hard decision if Manchester United made a move for him next summer.

The Napoli midfielder has been linked to a host of clubs over the past number of seasons but has always remained loyal to the Light Blues.

With over 300 Serie A appearances in his 10 seasons at Naples, the Slovakian international is considered one of the best creative midfielders in Europe.

RATING 4/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

Hamsik is an icon at Stadio San Paolo but the club’s inability to challenge for titles may lead him to move in the future.

But in spite of the interest to secure his services, it seems the player would like to see out his career at the club.

Marek Hamsik.

Marek Hamsik.

MAXIME LOPEZ

Barcelona have contacted Maxime Lopez’s agents in an attempt to sign the Marseille midfielder, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The 19-year-old has also been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid.

The Frenchman is reportedly a massive Barca fan, with Ernesto Valverde hoping that will prove a driving factor in their efforts to sign the ‘next Xavi’ next summer.

RATING: 5/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

After a failed bid for Philippe Coutinho, Barcelona have turned their attentions to signing Lopez.

He’s definitely the best long term option for Barcelona as his ability to beat defenders with pace and purpose would add another element to Valverde’s attack.

Although he has just 33 Ligue 1 appearances under his belt, it is unrealistic that Barcelona could expect him to play 40 games a season.

Marseille may not want to lose a player of his calibre, but a significant fee would be difficult to withstand.

Maxime Lopez.

Maxime Lopez.

EMRE CAN

Emre Can’s representatives have requested a release clause included in any new contract the midfielder signs with Liverpool, according to The Times.

The German international is in the final year of his contract at Anfield and could be available for £9 million – a bargain buy for Juventus.

Liverpool are reported to be reluctant to accept the demand for a release clause.

RATING: 5/10

SPORT360 VERDICT

It’s no secret that Juventus are on the lookout for a defensive midfielder and after missing out on Nemanja Matic who joined Manchester United last month.

With only a year left on his contract, Can is yet to sign an extension and may be weighing up his options.

It would be hard for him to turn down an offer from Juventus, where he would more or less be guaranteed trophies.

Emre Can.

Emre Can.

Most popular

Related Tags