Allardyce set for Everton, Pardew to land West Brom job, Ozil wants Barcelona talks

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Sam Allardyce looks the man most likely to takeover the Goodison hotseat.

WHAT THE PAPERS SAY


Efforts continue at Goodison Park to bring SAM ALLARDYCE in to steady the ship, the Daily Mail reports. Everton bosses are said to have invited the former England manager for further talks after he snubbed their advances earlier in November. Allardyce reportedly caught wind that, despite the Toffees’ overtures, the club’s hierarchy were really interested in Watford boss Marco Silva. Everton chiefs are now reported to have conceded defeat in their attempts to bring in the Portuguese manager. However, following continued losses, Everton are likely to be keen to replace caretaker manager David Unsworth, who stepped in following the sacking of Ronald Koeman in October.

SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 26: Phil Jagielka and Aaron Lennon of Everton look dejected after the Premier League match between Southampton and Everton at St Mary's Stadium on November 26, 2017 in Southampton, England. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

Everton have had a miserable season so far.

West Brom are expected to confirm ALAN PARDEW is their new manager in the next 24 hours, according to The Sun. The former Crystal Palace boss revealed he had held talks with Albion officials, who are reported to have offered him a £1million bonus if he keeps them in the Premier League. Interim manager Gary Megson will oversee proceedings against Newcastle on Tuesday night – with Pardew expected to be in the stands ahead of an announcement after the game.

Chelsea may have the chance to sign Borussia Dortmund striker PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG in January, according to the Daily Mirror. The Blues and a number of other clubs are said to have been put on notice that the Gabon international will be up for grabs during the winter transfer season. The 28-year-old’s relationship with the Bundesliga side is said to have broken down, although he has scored 17 times in 19 games so far this season.

Former manager of Crystal Palace and Newcastle, Alan Pardew arrives to work for the media ahead of the English Premier League football match between Bournemouth and Manchester City at the Vitality Stadium in Bournemouth, southern England on August 26, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Glyn KIRK / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE. No use with unauthorized audio, video, data, fixture lists, club/league logos or 'live' services. Online in-match use limited to 75 images, no video emulation. No use in betting, games or single club/league/player publications. / (Photo credit should read GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)

Pardew looks set to return to management.

Arsenal midfielder MESUT OZIL is said to be demanding a golden hello if he is to sign for Barcelona in January, the Daily Mirror reports. Spanish media report that the Germany international is pushing for a sizeable signing on bonus to secure his services and talks have taken place between club representatives and his people. Because Ozil, 29, is out of contract at the Emirates in summer Barca may be able to seal the deal for a reported £30million sum.

LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 18: Mesut Ozil of Arsenal in action during the Premier League match between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur at Emirates Stadium on November 18, 2017 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

The German star is out of contract at the end of the season.

Jose Mourinho is after four left-footed players in the transfer window to balance his side’s attack, the Manchester Evening News reports. Tottenham left-back DANNY ROSE, Atletico Madrid forward ANTOINE GRIEZMANN, injured Real Madrid winger GARETH BALE and Arsenal’s OZIL are said to be on the £200 million target list. Should they go for all four it would eclipse their record £152 million spend under Louis van Gaal in 2014. Mourinho has expressed reservations over the lack of creativity in his squad, although left players Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Ashley Young have played well.

SOCIAL MEDIA ROUND-UP

@TheSunfootball: Tottenham announce their latest target
@Indyfootball: Everton reconsider Sam Allardyce after failure to lure Marco Silva

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Angel Gomes: The 17-year-old Manchester United midfielder is said to be a target for Borussia Dortmund after deal talks at Old Trafford stalled, The Sun reports.

Kurtis Cumberbatch: The 22-year-old Harrow Borough midfielder is being chased by a string of clubs including Brentford, Bolton, Oxford, Northampton and Bristol Rovers after attracting attention from Nottingham Forest, the Daily Star reports.

Manchester United's English striker Wayne Rooney (L) is substituted for Manchester United's English midfielder Angel Gomes (R) during the English Premier League football match between Manchester United and Cyrstal Palace at Old Trafford in Manchester, north west England, on May 21, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Oli SCARFF / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE. No use with unauthorized audio, video, data, fixture lists, club/league logos or 'live' services. Online in-match use limited to 75 images, no video emulation. No use in betting, games or single club/league/player publications. / (Photo credit should read OLI SCARFF/AFP/Getty Images)

Gomes made his first-team debut last season.

Most popular

Related Tags

Liverpool target Aubameyang in January, Man United boosted in chase for Atletico defender

David Cooper 27/11/2017
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

The transfer window may not open again until January 1 2018 but that hasn’t put an end to plenty of speculation throughout Europe.

Here, we take a look at three big stories dominating the headlines on Monday.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts.

Get in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG 

With Daniel Sturridge looking for a move away from Liverpool to make a late bid for a World Cup spot, the Reds are taking the opportunity to swoop for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

According to Bild, the Gabon international is still eager to leave Borussia Dortmund after his failed attempts in the summer.

RATING: 7/10

VERDICT

There’s definitely truth in Aubameyang looking for a move away and Sturridge eager for more playing time. The Dortmund striker probably has one big move in him and now is the time for it given his current status and good form.

Liverpool should be able to match his expectations and Jurgen Klopp would no doubt salivate at the prospect of a lightning quick trio of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Aubameyang in attack.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

JOSE GIMENEZ

Atletico Madrid are ready to sell Jose Gimenez to Manchester United according to Calciomercato. The Premier League outfit are reportedly prepared to meet the player’s £58 million release clause.

RATING: 4/10 

VERDICT

Victor Lindelof may have had a tough start to like at Old Trafford but Jose Mourinho always expected him to struggle in his first season and won’t be discarding him this early. With Phil Jones’ form, Chris Smalling stepping in at times and a young Alex Tuanzebe waiting in the wings, there’s really no need for United to splurge on Gimenez, especially while they boast the best defensive record in the league.

Jose Gimenez

Jose Gimenez

ARTHUR

Goal.com report that Barcelona have stepped up their interest in Gremio midfielder, Arthur. The 21-year-old recently renewed his contract but the club will listen to offers in January.

RATING: 4/10

VERDICT

While Barcelona could certainly do with another midfielder, they’re unlike to move for an unproven talent like Arthur who has scored one goal and assisted another in 38 Brazilian league games.

Arthur

Arthur

Most popular

Related Sections

Newcastle plot move for Man United outcast Luke Shaw, Man City eye Inigo Martinez

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

WHAT THE PAPERS SAY

Manchester City are monitoring Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez ahead of the January transfer window, The Sun reports. The Spaniard, 26, was reportedly lined up for a move to the Etihad Stadium last summer, although it failed to come to fruition.

Should Vincent Kompany and John Stones continue to be sidelined through injury, Martinez is expected to be all the more attractive to boss Pep Guardiola – however Barcelona are also said to be considering a swoop.

Newcastle are keen on making a move for Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw, the Daily Mirror says. Magpies boss Rafa Benitez is said to believe Shaw, who cost United £30 million, will receive the boost he needs at St James’ Park after struggling to get Premier League game time under Jose Mourinho.

Manchester United may have to fend off competition from Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus if they wish to secure the services of Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka in January, The Sun reports. After rejecting a new contract with the Bundesliga side the 22-year-old will be free to choose in the summer, with a move to the Premier League reportedly a likely outcome.

Plans for Arsenal’s £35 million defender Shkodran Mustafi to leave the club in January appear to have been put on hold, the Daily Mirror reports. The delay is reportedly down to Inter Milan not believing the Gunners will let the Germany international leave before the summer, while Mustafi has also failed to secure a regular first-team position this season.

Manchester United forward Anthony Martial is on the target list of Real Madrid who are willing to blow £80 million on the 21-year-old Frenchman, according to The Sun. Real coach Zinedine Zidane is reportedly looking for younger players to compliment Cristiano Ronaldo, who turns 33 in February, and Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale.

Anthony Martial

Anthony Martial

SOCIAL MEDIA ROUND-UP

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Jann-Fiete Arp: Chelsea are in line to beat off competition from Arsenal and Manchester United to sign the 17-year-old Hamburg striker, the Metro reports.

Luciano Cingolani: Newell’s Old Boys have been forced to play down suggestions the under-16 midfielder is sought by Manchester United, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Most popular

Related Sections