The transfer window may not open again until January 1 2018 but that hasn’t put an end to plenty of speculation throughout Europe.
Here, we take a look at three big stories dominating the headlines on Tuesday.
Will any of the following deals happen?
Let us know your thoughts.
Both club and player are eager to go their separate ways after the relationship between the player and management has soured since the summer when he called out Spurs’ wage structure.
It’s a well known fact that Rose is keen to move away from Spurs and land himself a hefty wage like Kyle Walker did this summer. With Ben Davies’ form this season, Mauricio Pochettino wouldn’t lose sleep over the England international’s departure either.
It’s also a well known fact that Jose Mourinho doesn’t rate Luke Shaw at the moment. He believes in the defender’s ability but is not convinced with his tactical understanding yet and has been linked with a loan move to Newcastle in January. The Portuguese would enjoy having a seasoned left-back to play week in and week out instead of relying on the likes of Ashley Young.
Mohamed Salah has taken the Premier League by storm at Liverpool and has impressed so much that his agent is already looking towards La Liga big guns Real Madrid and Barcelona for the Egyptian’s next move.
Metro report that the player’s agent Mamdouh Abbas has revealed plans to facilitate a move to Spain for his client as early as the summer, pointing out that his value could rise to €150 million if he scores over 20 goals this season.
Salah is certainly making waves and turning heads. It’s not a stretch at all to think the big two in Spain are already showing an interest, especially if he can maintain his current form over the course of the season. However, Liverpool are not going to let go of a fan favourite without a fight, especially considering the way they dealt with Barcelona’s advances for Philippe Coutinho.
With Rose angling for a way out of Spurs, the club are already eyeing Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon as a replacement, Sky Sports report.
If Rose does leave Tottenham, they will certainly swoop for a replacement and Sessegnon is a good, young option. The 17-year-old poses a significant attacking threat and would suit Spurs’ wing-back play.
The players are out of contract at the end of the season as both have so far refused to sign new deals at the Emirates.
Ozil has been linked with a move to Barcelona while Sanchez almost joined Manchester City on the final day of the summer transfer window, only for Arsenal to pull the plug when they failed to land Monaco’s Thomas Lemar as his replacement.
Wenger says he has no concerns over the commitment of the pair, with Sanchez scoring a last-gasp penalty as the Gunners won 1-0 at Burnley on Sunday to move into the Premier League top four.
Arsenal host Huddersfield on Wednesday, with Ozil likely to be missing because of the illness that ruled him out at Turf Moor but Wenger believes the influential pair will not be sold in January – even though they could then walk away from the club for free six months later.
The boss gave us the latest this morning… https://t.co/0ttEoFMtkF
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) November 28, 2017
“Yes, I rule it out,” Wenger said at his pre-match press conference when asked about potential departures.
“I do not think about that every day. At the moment, as long as they are here, they have to give their best for the team and for the club.
“In my head, they stay until the end of the season and that’s a decision that was taken at the start of the season. Unless something unbelievable happens, I can’t see why that would change.”
However, Wenger could not offer Arsenal supporters assurances that either player would be tempted to sign new deals and extend their stays beyond 2018.
“They’re into the final year of their contract,” he said. “Will they stay longer? That’s impossible to answer today because I don’t know. They have a contract until the end of the season.
“I am not the only one who can decide that. They have a part to play in that as well. If it’s my decision, yes (they would stay longer).”
Another player whose contract expires at the end of the season is England midfielder Jack Wilshere, who has been restricted to just three substitute appearances in the Premier League.
“He’s a football man and I will always decide what is best for him. That is my first priority no matter what kind of decision I make,” Wenger said. “I have to consider the interests of Jack Wilshere and Arsenal football Club together.”
The boss has been talking about @JackWilshere…
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) November 28, 2017
WHAT THE PAPERS SAY
Efforts continue at Goodison Park to bring SAM ALLARDYCE in to steady the ship, the Daily Mail reports. Everton bosses are said to have invited the former England manager for further talks after he snubbed their advances earlier in November. Allardyce reportedly caught wind that, despite the Toffees’ overtures, the club’s hierarchy were really interested in Watford boss Marco Silva. Everton chiefs are now reported to have conceded defeat in their attempts to bring in the Portuguese manager. However, following continued losses, Everton are likely to be keen to replace caretaker manager David Unsworth, who stepped in following the sacking of Ronald Koeman in October.
West Brom are expected to confirm ALAN PARDEW is their new manager in the next 24 hours, according to The Sun. The former Crystal Palace boss revealed he had held talks with Albion officials, who are reported to have offered him a £1million bonus if he keeps them in the Premier League. Interim manager Gary Megson will oversee proceedings against Newcastle on Tuesday night – with Pardew expected to be in the stands ahead of an announcement after the game.
Arsenal midfielder MESUT OZIL is said to be demanding a golden hello if he is to sign for Barcelona in January, the Daily Mirror reports. Spanish media report that the Germany international is pushing for a sizeable signing on bonus to secure his services and talks have taken place between club representatives and his people. Because Ozil, 29, is out of contract at the Emirates in summer Barca may be able to seal the deal for a reported £30million sum.
Jose Mourinho is after four left-footed players in the transfer window to balance his side’s attack, the Manchester Evening News reports. Tottenham left-back DANNY ROSE, Atletico Madrid forward ANTOINE GRIEZMANN, injured Real Madrid winger GARETH BALE and Arsenal’s OZIL are said to be on the £200 million target list. Should they go for all four it would eclipse their record £152 million spend under Louis van Gaal in 2014. Mourinho has expressed reservations over the lack of creativity in his squad, although left players Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Ashley Young have played well.
SOCIAL MEDIA ROUND-UP
@TheSunfootball: Tottenham announce their latest target
@Indyfootball: Everton reconsider Sam Allardyce after failure to lure Marco Silva
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Angel Gomes: The 17-year-old Manchester United midfielder is said to be a target for Borussia Dortmund after deal talks at Old Trafford stalled, The Sun reports.
Kurtis Cumberbatch: The 22-year-old Harrow Borough midfielder is being chased by a string of clubs including Brentford, Bolton, Oxford, Northampton and Bristol Rovers after attracting attention from Nottingham Forest, the Daily Star reports.