Juventus set £140m price for Man United target Dybala, Chelsea eye Vidal

David Cooper 27/12/2017
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Paulo Dybala

Find the latest transfer news right here as the window opens January 1, 2018.

There’s plenty of speculation throughout Europe and here, we take a look at the biggest stories dominating the headlines on Wednesday.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts.

Get in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

PAULO DYBALA

Juventus will demand a fee in the region of £140m from Manchester United for the services of Paulo Dybala in January, according to the Independent.

It was previously reported that Jose Mourinho would attempt a £60m move but that figure has been shot down.

RATING: 6/10

VERDICT

It’s an exorbitant fee but United do reek of desperation at the moment with Manchester City well ahead in the Premier League. It would make more sense to wait until the summer and drive down the price a bit, especially since the league appears to be out of reach already and the Argentine is Champions League bound.

The 24-year-old would be a great asset to have though and should slot in well at United. Mourinho has already hinted that the club need to invest more money in the squad to compete.

Paulo Dybala

Paulo Dybala

ARTURO VIDAL

Antonio Conte has refused to rule out a move for Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal, claiming he would ‘go to war’ with the player.

SPORT360 RATING: 5/10

VERDICT

The Chilean very much like the kind of midfielder and character Conte would relish working with. At 31, he still brings plenty of energy and bite into the midfield. However, where exactly does he fit in among the likes of N’Golo Kante, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Cesc Fabregas?

Arturo Vidal

Arturo Vidal

MESUT OZIL

United have been heavily linked with a move for Mesut Ozil but Barcelona have now put him on their shopping list, the Express report.

SPORT360 RATING: 7/10

VERDICT

Despite his tendency to dip in and out of form, clubs are lining up to sign Ozil. There’s no questioning the German’s quality and he is one of the best bargains around with his contract at Arsenal expiring in the summer.

Barcelona would love to take advantage of that and reel in a playmaker capable of replacing Andres Iniesta as a regular starter perhaps and even lighten the creative responsibilities on Lionel Messi’s shoulders. As for the player, it would be a massive step up. If he moves in January itself, he’ll probably have a league winner’s medal around his neck at the end of the campaign.

Mesut Ozil

Mesut Ozil

Most popular

Balotelli not leaving Nice in January

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Balotelli will not be moving in the winter transfer window.

Mario Balotelli will not be leaving Nice in January, according to club president Jean-Pierre Riviere.

The 27-year-old, who has scored 15 goals in all competitions this season, revealed in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport that he is keen to showcase his talents in the Champions League.

Balotelli said he is happy at Nice but told the Italian newspaper: “Admittedly, I would like to get back to having a strong squad behind me.

“I want to play in the Champions League and win something. The aim is to go back to a big club. To win something important again.”

But the former Manchester City striker, who claims his time at the Etihad was “the best year of my life”, will not be leaving France in this transfer window.

Riviere told Nice-Matin newspaper: “It is impossible. You know how important he is, it is unimaginable.

“Thanks to his performances, he has rediscovered a certain value on the market with another 1.5 years of his contract remaining… That is not what interests us for Mario, but instead that he continues to take the team higher.

“It is a wonderful story with him.”

Most popular

Arsenal and Liverpool target Thomas Lemar is not for sale in January, confirms Monaco chief

Alex Broun 27/12/2017
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Star performer for Monaco: Lemar.

Monaco vice-president and CEO Vadim Vasilyev has dashed the hopes of Arsenal and Liverpool fans, at least temporarily, by confirming that star midfielder Thomas Lemar will not be sold during the January transfer window.

Vasilyev, who has overseen the development and sale of talent such as Anthony Martial (to Manchester United) and Kylian Mbappe (to Paris Saint-Germain), said that Lemar would definitely be held on until at least mid-2018.

“Thomas Lemar will definitely stay until the end of the season”, he said. “We are going for second place (behind Paris Saint-Germain). The competition is very tough with Lyon and Marseille and we need the team to stay competitive.”

However, the 52-year-old did concede that Lemar would eventually leave the club.

“It is difficult to keep them (star players)” he said, “of course Monaco is a great club and it’s an historic club in France (with) amazing success but we cannot compare ourselves with the likes of Real Madrid or (the) Manchesters, United or City. We are not in the same league.”

“So we understand that at a certain stage, the players want – once they get offers – to play at big clubs, they want to play in front of big clubs and we have to let them go at the right time.”

“(But) When is the right time? This is the tricky point.”

Most popular