Adrien Silva finally free to play for Leicester after completing deal

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Adrien Silva is looking forward to putting months of ‘frustration’ behind him after finally completing his registration as a Leicester player.

The Portugal international was unable to seal a £22million move from Sporting Lisbon on transfer deadline day last summer as the paperwork was submitted 14 seconds late.

Subsequent appeals to FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport were rejected, meaning both the club and player had to wait until January for Silva to become eligible to play.

Silva is excited about the prospect of now being able to make his debut for Leicester, although his registration was not completed in time for him to face Huddersfield later on Monday.

The 28-year-old, who has played several behind-closed-doors friendlies to help gain match fitness, told LCFC TV: “It’s been very frustrating, but now the difficult times are past me and now I’m very happy to be close to my goal.

“I’ve been working hard every day to arrive at this moment and I’m in good shape.

“I will be in good shape because I have worked a lot – I have confidence in that – but I have to play games to get better.”

Silva thanked his team-mates for helping him during his spell on the sidelines, and says he sees a “great future” for Claude Puel’s men.

“They’ve been great for me and they keep pushing to keep my mentality up,” he said.

“They have been very important for me. I see a great future in front of us.

“They keep your smile on your face. I have to thank them also for being there, not only in the good times but also in the bad ones.” 

Most popular

Barcelona preparing to clinch Mina deal in January, Man Utd chase Inter star

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Mina is reportedly close to a switch to Barcelona.

The transfer window is now open!

Here, we take a look at the biggest stories dominating the headlines on Monday.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts.

BARCA LOOK TO SIGN MINA EARLIER THAN PLANNED

Barcelona are hoping to complete a deal to sign Palmeiras defender Yerry Mina in January, as opposed to the summer – the timeframe where both clubs had initially agreed the transfer.

The highly-rated Colombian is all set to join the Nou Camp club in the close season but Barca remain confident they can bring the 23-year-old to La Liga earlier than planned, during the current window.

According to Sport, it remains to be seen whether Ernesto Valverde’s men will be able to break an existing gentlemen’s agreement between the two clubs.

SPORT360 RATING: 7/10

VERDICT

With Javier Mascherano set to exit the Camp Nou this month, Barcelona need defensive reinforcements as they look to tie-up the La Liga title and go far in the Champions League.

While a fee of around €9m had already been confirmed for Mina ahead of his transfer next summer, expect Barca to seal the deal on his signature earlier if they are prepared to add a few million euros onto that price-tag.

BELO HORIZONTE, BRAZIL - JULY 09: Murilo #35 of Cruzeiro and Yerry Mina #26 of Palmeiras battle for the ball during a match between Cruzeiro and Palmeiras as part of Brasileirao Series A 2017 at Mineirao stadium on July 09, 2017 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. (Photo by Pedro Vilela/Getty Images)

Mina has a pre-agreement in place to join Barca.

RED DEVILS TARGET INTER MILAN MIDFIELDER

Manchester United are set to launch a window offer for Inter Milan midfielder Joao Mario, as Henrikh Mkhitaryan nears the Old Trafford exit door.

After a difficult December and a barrage of injuries to contend with, Jose Mourinho’s men are set to strengthen this month with urgent reinforcements.

Mario, the 24-year-old Portuguese playmaker, is a player Mourinho knows well and feels he could be the man to provide a timely creative spark for the Reds.

SPORT360 RATING: 7.5/10

VERDICT

The former Sporting star is a key man for the Nerazzurri and the Black and Blues have offered no indication they would be willing to move the midfielder on.

However, if a big-money offer came in from United, it could well prove too good to resist.

MILAN, ITALY - DECEMBER 03: Joao Mario of FC Internazionale Milano looks on during the Serie A match between FC Internazionale and AC Chievo Verona at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on December 3, 2017 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)

Joao Mario is an important man for Inter.

WALCOTT HEADING HOME?

Arsenal star Theo Walcott could be heading back to former club Southampton, initially on loan, according to the Daily Mail.

The 28-year-old broke through the south coast side’s ranks back in 2005 before joining the Gunners in January 2006.

But, after a difficult campaign at the Emirates, Walcott is looking for more game time – especially with the World Cup on the horizon.

SPORT360 RATING: 6/10

VERDICT

Given that Arsenal potentially face losing both Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, although unlikely, in the window – Arsene Wenger will be keen to keep hold of Walcott’s experience.

LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 28: Theo Walcott of Arsenal warms up prior to the Premier League match between Crystal Palace and Arsenal at Selhurst Park on December 28, 2017 in London, England. (Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

A return to the club where it all started?

Most popular

Real Madrid boss Zidane's son Enzo joins Lausanne

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Zinedine Zidane‘s son Enzo has agreed terms to join Swiss outfit Lausanne from his Alaves, the Spanish club reported on Sunday.

The 22-year-old midfielder had played just twice in La Liga for Alaves since joining in July after three years of success with Real Madrid‘s B team.

Alaves thanked the player for his “great willing and work ethic over the past few months” on their website.

The player posted a photo of himself on Instagram on Saturday on vacation in Dubai with his family but made no mention to his one million followers about the move.

Lausanne are currently 5th in the Swiss league.

Most popular