No contact between Bayern Munich and Chelsea over Arturo Vidal transfer

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Vidal has been linked with a switch United

Jupp Heynckes said on Saturday there had been no contact between Bayern Munich and Chelsea over Arturo Vidal and the Chilean international would not be sold during the January transfer window.

The veteran coach was responding to media reports over a possible transfer of the midfielder, which Heynckes dismissed as “pure speculation”.

“Certainly, there’s been no contact between the clubs,” Heynckes said at a press conference at the Aspire Zone in Doha where the Bundesliga leaders are on a winter training camp.

“It’s just speculation. Arturo Vidal is very motivated, he’s a top player and we need him at his very best if Bayern is to play well.”

He added: “We won’t sell any players in the (transfer) window.”

Media reports in Britain and South America had linked the 30-year-old with a move to London in order to reunite with Chelsea coach Antonio Conte, who he played under at Juventus.

But Heynckes ruled out any such move.

Bayern, who lead the Bundesliga by 11 points from Schalke 04, arrived in World Cup 2022 host Qatar on January 2.

They will play a friendly against Qatari league side Al-Ahli later on Saturday before returning to Germany on Sunday.

Bayern resume Bundesliga duties on January 12, when they play away to fourth-placed Bayer Leverkusen.

Heynckes, 72, is in his fourth stint at the club after Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and president Uli Hoeness turned to their 2013 treble-winning coach following the dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti in September last year.

Bayern promptly won nine of their ten following matches.

English champions Chelsea have already been busy in the January transfer window, snapping up Ross Barkley from Everton for a fee, reported to be in the region of £15 million ($20 million, 17 million euros).

Most popular

Guangzhou Evergrande target Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande are interested in troublesome AS Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan, according to Italian press reports on Friday.

The 29-year-old Belgian international received a hefty fine from the club after posting a video of himself smoking, drinking and swearing on New Year’s Eve.

Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Fabio Cannavaro’s Guangzhou Evergrande are ready to offer 40 million euros ($46 million) to bring the talented midfielder to the Chinese Super League.

The Belgian has in the past rejected moves away from the Italian capital to clubs including Chelsea and Juventus.

Roma are said to want at least 50 million euros for the player who has become one of the best central midfielders in Italy since his move from Cagliari, after an initial loan spell, in 2014, with his contract running until 2021.

Nainggolan apologised for his video which went viral. “I saw it as a special night, where it is OK to be a little more excessive, but of course I did not want to set a negative example.”

But he risks being dropped from the team as a punishment as Roma — fourth in Serie A — host Atalanta on Saturday trying to keep in touch with leaders Napoli and Juventus.

Most popular

Monaco warn Liverpool and Arsenal Thomas Lemar won't be sold in January

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Monaco will not allow star man Thomas Lemar to leave the club in the January transfer window, with speculation both Liverpool and Arsenal are ready to pounce.

The midfielder is one of the hottest properties around but after a fire sale in the summer, the reigning Ligue 1 champions are unwilling to allow any more top players to leave – particularly mid-season.

Red and whites coach Leonardo Jardim is adamant the 22-year-old will remain a Monaco man until at least the end of the campaign and has said he will not be going anywhere this month.

Likewise, Brazilian Fabinho – a long-term target of Manchester United – will also be prevented from leaving should a big bid come in.

“Monaco are not in the habit of making big sales in the winter. It’s our strategy. The players understand and they know how it goes here,” Jardim said.

Most popular