Tottenham and Real Madrid 'in advanced negotiations' over Harry Kane

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Tottenham and Real Madrid are believed to be in advanced negotiations over star man HARRY KANE, with the 24-year-old reportedly keen to wear the number 10 shirt for Los Blancos.

The Daily Express says reports in Spain suggest the England international is planning to quit the Premier League, with a move to Real firmly in his sights.

JACK WILSHERE is expected to hold new contract talks with Arsenal next week, the Mirror reports.

The paper says the club are finally ready to make a formal contract offer to the 26-year-old midfielder, but he has been warned he may have to accept a pay cut if he wants to stay with the Gunners. Wilshere’s current deal expires at the end of the season.

Manchester United’s ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC is expected to leave Old Trafford later this year, the Mirror reports.

The paper says the Red Devils are considering replacements, and that he could potentially leave before he is out of contract at the end of United’s current campaign.

Southampton are plotting a transfer bid for Atletico Madrid’s NICOLAS GAITAN, the Mirror reports.

But the paper says Mauricio Pellegrino will face competition from Crystal Palace and Everton for the 29-year-old, who has fallen out of favour at the Spanish club.

Newcastle are said to be eyeing up Sparta Prague goalkeeper MARTIN DUBRAVKA after Kevin Trapp opted to stay at Paris St Germain.

The Daily Mail says Slovakia international Dubravka is Rafael Benitez’s latest transfer target, as the club continue their hunt for a new goalkeeper.

Social media round-up

Players to watch

REECE OXFORD: The West Ham defender could get a permanent move to Borussia Monchengladbach, providing the side increase their offer to around £15 million, according to the Telegraph.

The paper says Monchengladbach had already offered around £8m for the 19-year-old, but this was rejected by West Ham.

LUCAS MOURA: Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign the 25-year-old from Paris St Germain, the Daily Mail reports.

The paper says the Brazilian winger, who was a target for Sir Alex Ferguson in 2012, could sell for about £25m.

Most popular

Arsenal eye Boca Juniors' Pavon as Sanchez replacement

David Cooper 10/01/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

The transfer window is well and truly in full swing!

Here, we take a look at the biggest stories dominating the headlines on Wednesday.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts.

Get in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

ARSENAL JOIN RACE FOR CRISTIAN PAVON

Arsenal have joined Manchester City and Liverpool in a bid to sign Boca Juniors forward Cristian Pavon, according to the Daily Mail.

The 21-year-old striker caught the attention of Premier League scouts after a series of devastating displays for the Argentine giants, and has been compared to Alexis Sanchez.

With a £27 million release clause, it is likely he will be named in Jorge Sampaoli’s Argentina squad for the World Cup in Russia this summer.

RATING: 6/10

VERDICT

With Sanchez set to leave the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal are eyeing the Boca Juniors striker as a replacement for the Chilean international.

It should be said that signing Pavon would be seen as a long-term move for the North London club as they look to bolster their attacking options for next season.

The 21-year-old clearly has formidable goalscoring ability, but it may need a new club like Arsenal to bring out the best in him again as he looks to build on his 2016/17 exploits.

NO BID MADE YET FOR LUCAS MOURA

Manchester United are interested in signing PSG winger Lucas Moura but have not made a bid yet, according to Sky Sports News.

The French giants are reportedly ready to cash in on the Brazilian, who has yet to make a start in the league this season – with just five appearance from the bench.

The arrival of Neymar has done nothing to increase Lucas’ hopes of staying at Parc des Princes and clubs from England are on high alert to land the 25-year-old’s signature.

Lucas registered 19 goals from 53 appearances last season but never reached the levels many believed upon his arrival in 2012 from Sao Paulo.

RATING: 6/10

VERDICT

After a productive 2016-17 campaign, a move to England’s north west would be a good option for Lucas as United seek another attack-minded player, to add as back-up to an already sparkling front three, featuring Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku and Jesse Lingard.

DRIES MERTENS TO STAY AT NAPOLI

Napoli are hoping to renegotiate Dries Mertens’ contract to avoid losing the star attacker to Manchester United, Juventus or Liverpool, according to Sky Sport Italia .

The 30-year-old had signed a new deal in May, but the Partenopei are set to increase his salary in a bid to boost his €28 million release clause.

Mertens’ name has also been linked with Manchester United but Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis insisted during an on-air interview that he will do all he can to keep the tricky winger at the Stadio San Paolo.

RATING: 8/10 

VERDICT

Mertens is a fans’ favourite at Napoli and the club will want to do all they can to keep last season’s dream team together as they bid to win a first Serie A title since 1990.

He has once again shone for the Naples club this term, scoring 10 goals and provided six assists in 20 matches.

Most popular

Arda Turan edges closer to Barcelona exit following Philippe Coutinho arrival

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Turan's Barcelona nightmare is set to end.

The transfer window is well and truly in full swing!

Here, we take a look at the biggest stories dominating the headlines on Tuesday.

Will any of the following deals happen?

Let us know your thoughts.

Get in touch via Twitter and Facebook.

TURKISH WINGER TURAN SET TO END BARCELONA STAY

Barcelona misfit Arda Turan is heading for the Nou Camp exit door and is likely to join Turkish outfit Istanbul Basaksehir during the January transfer window.

The 30-year-old has not featured this season and met with Basaksehir’s president, Goksel Gumusdag, to discuss the possibility of moving back to his homeland.

According to Marca, a fee of €5m has been agreed between the two clubs and the final paperwork is in place.

With the arrival of Philippe Coutinho, return of Ousmane Dembele from injury and the other wealth of attacking talent at Blaugrana’s disposal, the Turk is surplus to requirements in Catalonia.

RATING: 9/10

VERDICT

A transfer back to Turkey would suit all parties but question marks remain over whether the Galatasaray star is still capable of performing at the level we witnessed during previous seasons.

However, the deal is imminent with the club posting news on their official Twitter feed:

GOMES EDGES CLOSER TO BARCA EXIT

Andre Gomes has asked Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde to allow him to leave the club this month.

The 24-year-old has featured 17 times (starting only six) in all competitions this term but according to Sport, that is not enough for his liking with a World Cup campaign on the horizon with Portugal.

Having only arrived at the Camp Nou club from Valencia at the beginning of last season, it was thought Gomes had a bright future in Catalonia – but it now looks likely he will move in January.

A loan move could happen with a view to a permanent switch at the end of this campaign.

RATING: 8/10

VERDICT

Tottenham are in the mix for the central midfielder after missing out on the signature of Ross Barkley and the Barca man fits the bill.

Expect there to be some activity on this one.

On the move: Gomes wants to leave Barcelona.

STOKE’S BOJAN COULD RETURN TO LA LIGA

Bojan Krkic is set to head back to England as Stoke look to end his disappointing loan spell with Alaves earlier than planned.

According to Marca, the former Barcelona prodigy will return to his managerless parent club after starting just three matches for the La Liga strugglers.

Originally, the agreement between the two sides was for a season-long loan deal but that will now be cut short.

RATING: 8/10

VERDICT

The 27-year-old had a falling out with Mark Hughes but given his departure from the club it very much opens the door for a return for Bojan.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - AUGUST 12: Bojan Krkic of Stoke City during the Premier League match between Everton and Stoke City at Goodison Park on August 12, 2017 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

Bojan could get another chance at the bet365 Stadium.

Most popular