David de Gea is not leaving Man United this summer, says Jose Mourinho

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Star goalkeeper and manager: David de Gea with Jose Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho has no intention of allowing David de Gea to leave as Manchester United are trying to attract the best players, not lose them.

The Portuguese has bolstered his squad with a handful of stars each summer since succeeding Louis van Gaal and last month delved into the January window for the first time to bring in Alexis Sanchez.

The only exits to date have been out-of-favour players but Real Madrid continue to be linked with a move for outstanding shot-stopper De Gea, who was on the brink of a switch to the Bernabeu in 2015.

Zinedine Zidane’s men could instead move this summer for Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois – a man who this week confessed his “heart is in Madrid” – but Mourinho is not interested in such talk as he looks to keep building his team.

“I don’t speak about Courtois,” he said of a player he managed at Chelsea.

“Do you think a club that is trying to attract the best players is a club that is open to sell their best players? Makes no sense.

“If you want to go to that level, we have to attract the best players like we did with Alexis, (Nemanja) Matic, (Paul) Pogba and so on, and don’t let our best players go.”

Most popular

Real Madrid preparing summer raid for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski

David Cooper 10/02/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Robert Lewandowski has been linked with Real for some time.

The January transfer window may be shut but there’s still plenty of news from the rumour mill with several moves being put off until the summer.

Here, we round up the transfer tales that have got everyone talking.

ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI

The Bayern Munich forward is believed to be in talks with Real Madrid over switching to the Bernabeu this summer. Rumours have persisted for some time that the prolific Pole dreams of playing for Los Blancos and given the striker is 29, his chances of one last big move are starting to run thin. As ever, Lewandowski has been plundering in the goals this term as the German giants close in on another Bundesliga title while Real’s La Liga troubles have been well-documented.

RATING: 8/10

VERDICT

Expect, the Whites to move for the former Dortmund star in the close season and launch a bid in the region of €60m for his signature. With the future of Karim Benzema seemingly uncertain, as well as Cristiano Ronaldo’s long-term plight, Lewandowski’s experience and goal-getting ability is perfect to fill a quick void.

Lewandowski has long been linked with the Bernabeu.

Lewandowski has long been linked with the Bernabeu.

ANDRE GOMES

Having struggled for first-team action and experienced a drop in his performance level of late, the Portugal international is set to leave Camp Nou at the end of the season. The midfield talent has had to bear the brunt of boo boys this term and could be given an escape route out of Catalonia, with both Tottenham and West Ham considering moves for the 24-year-old midfielder. Gomes, who arrived at Barcelona in the summer of 2016, is apparently keen to play in the Premier League and will be available for a cut-price fee after the World Cup in Russia.

RATING: 8/10

VERDICT

The Barcelona man struggled to impose himself during Thursday’s Copa del Rey clash against Valencia but despite a disappointing time of late, has youth on his side and plenty of talent to make an impact away from Blaugrana’s star laden side.

Struggling for form: Andre Gomes.

ALVARO MORATA

The Chelsea forward has not ruled out a return to Spain in the future, insisting that Madrid will always be his home. Morata, who was born in the Spanish capital, has endured a testing campaign at Stamford Bridge and struggled of late after an initially explosive start to life with the Blues. According to reports in Spain, the 25-year-old has revealed he will never turn down the chance to move back to his country and re-join boyhood side Real Madrid. With the Whites looking for striking reinforcements, a fairytale comeback should not be ruled out but it looks unlikely while Zinedine Zidane is still in charge.

RATING: 4/10

VERDICT

While there is not any interest from Real Madrid at the moment given they only sold Morata last summer, there are many at the Bernabeu who still think the Whites should have stuck by the boyhood Madridista who actually netted in the Champions League final. But, after a decent season with Chelsea, expect him to stay in west London.

Alvaro Morata has scored 12 goals this season.

N’GOLO KANTE

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly made the Chelsea defensive midfield star their No.1 transfer target this term. Kante’s form, along with the rest of his team-mates, has dipped following a string of bad results under boss Antonio Conte and this has increased speculation the Frenchman could head out of the exit door at the end of the season. The Stamford Bridge club are thought to be reluctant to lose the 26-year-old marathon man in the middle of the park but a big-money offer from PSG could turn the player’s head. Kante, who last season became the first player to win two back-to-back league titles, previously played in Ligue 1 with Caen.

RATING: 4/10

VERDICT

Like Morata, Kante is still very much an integral part of the furniture at Stamford Bridge – and is one of the most respected players in the squad, so, as such – don’t expect him to be going anywhere.

Key man: Kante has largely been a revelation at Chelsea.

Most popular

Inter set to sign Argentina youngster Lautaro Martinez for €25million fee

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Argentinian starlet Lautaro Martinez is headed to Inter Milan.

Rising Argentine star Lautaro Martinez, touted as a potential newcomer in Jorge Sampaoli’s 2018 World Cup squad, is set to sign a deal worth over €25million with Inter Milan, the Italian press reported Friday.

The 20-year-old striker, who plays for Racing Club and the Argentina under-20 side, has opted for Inter ahead of Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Valencia and will join the northern Italian outfit this summer, Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

“Everything is going well for Lautaro’s departure. It’s 99 percent he’ll play for Inter Milan next year,” his agent Ronaldo Zarate told Argentina’s Radio La Red in quotes carried by the Italian press.

According to Gazzetta, Martinez will sign a five-year contract worth €20million plus €1.5million per season. The contract will have a €120million release clause – €10million more than Inter’s Argentine ace Mauro Icardi, who has been touted for a move away from Inter next summer.

“Next week we’ll try to finalise the remaining details and conclude the sale of Lautaro Martinez,” Racing club president Victor Blanco told Radio La Red.

Martinez has scored seven goals and had three assists in eight matches for Racing this season, with former Inter Milan stars Diego Milito and Javier Zanetti of Argentina reported to have acted as intermediaries with the Italian club.

Most popular