Mohamed Salah linked with world-record transfer as Barcelona, PSG and Real Madrid prepare bids

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Liverpool are reportedly facing a £200 million fight to keep hold of Mohamed Salah.

The Sun says Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Barcelona are all keen on the forward, and that Jurgen Klopp would have to reject a world-record offer to keep him.

The Mail reports that Liverpool have no intention of selling the 25-year-old, and are adamant he is critical to everything they are trying to achieve.

The future of Manchester United‘s Luke Shaw continues to be the topic of speculation, with the Mirror reporting that he is determined to quit this summer after being publicly criticised by manager Jose Mourinho.

Luke Shaw 1

The Daily Mail says Chelsea are ready to offer him a way out, having missed out on signing the 22-year-old left-back when he joined United in 2014. The paper claims City, Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham could also join the race if the England international decides to leave Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, United are preparing to bid for Hector Bellerin, according to the Mirror, but Juventus remain the favourites to land the Arsenal right-back. The Mirror suggests United have made discreet enquiries about the 23-year-old, whose contract at the Emirates runs until 2023.

Players to watch

Ryan Sessegnon: The Fulham star is said to have caught the eye of Manchester United. The club have sent scouts to watch the 17-year-old left-sided player in their last three Championship matches, according to The Sun.

Bernd Leno: Arsenal are reportedly gearing up for a £25million move for the Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper. The Sun says the 26-year-old has been identified by the club as Petr Cech’s successor. Liverpool and Napoli are also said to be interested in the German.

Ryan Sessegnon

Provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular

Roma star Kevin Strootman linked with Inter Milan transfer

David Cooper 20/03/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Though the summer transfer window is still a few months away, that hasn’t stopped the rumours of players potentially being on the move.

Across the world of football, there remains plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking.

Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen when the market reopens in June.

Get in touch with your thoughts too via Twitter and Facebook.

KEVIN STROOTMAN

Inter Milan are set to move for the long-term Manchester United and Liverpool target in the summer transfer window, according to the La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Roma midfield man has been a mainstay in ‎Eusebio Di Francesco’s side this season, helping the Italian giants to the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face Barcelona next month.

However, the Nerazzurri are hoping to prise the Dutch international away from their Serie A neighbours in a move which could top €30 million (Dh135m) and see one of Joao Mario or Marcelo Brozovic head in the opposite direction as a makeweight.

Strootman, 28, has returned to top form in each of the past two seasons following some terrible luck with injury – with his consistency at the heart of Roma’s defensive midfield going a long way to show why a host of Europe’s top clubs were willing to pay huge money to sign him previously.

The ex-PSV man is on a long-term contract at the Stadio Olimpico though a big-money bid could unsettle him.

VERONA, ITALY - DECEMBER 10: Kevin Strootman of Roma in action during the Serie A match between AC Chievo Verona and AS Roma at Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi on December 10, 2017 in Verona, Italy. (Photo by Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images)

Highly-rated: Kevin Strootman.

JORGINHO

Manchester United have reportedly yet to declare their interest officially for the in-demand Napoli midfield star.

According to Radio Crc, the 26-year-old has been on the Red Devils’ radar for some time but Jose Mourinho’s men have yet to make a formal approach.

The Brazil-born Italian international, who is a key player for the high-flying Stadio San Paolo outfit, is set to make a decision on his long-term future at the end of the season – once the Scudetto title race is out of the way.

His representative, Joao Santos, had made it clear the ex-Verona central midfielder is set for talks with Napoli club officials in a few months time.

NAPLES, ITALY - AUGUST 16: Jorginho of SSC Napoli celebrates after scoring goal 2-0 during the UEFA Champions League Qualifying Play-Offs Round First Leg match between SSC Napoli and OGC Nice at Stadio San Paolo on August 16, 2017 in Naples, Italy. (Photo by Francesco Pecoraro/Getty Images)

Jorginho has netted four goals this term.

NEYMAR

The world’s most expensive player will stay at Paris Saint-Germain, according to club and international team-mate Thiago Silva.

Neymar has been widely linked with Real Madrid in recent weeks and is currently on the treatment table with a fractured metatarsal and ankle injury, making him touch-and-go to be fit for this summer’s World Cup in Russia.

However, the experienced Brazil defender – who knows Neymar well – is confident his future lies in the French capital.

“I’m sure (Neymar will stay at PSG),” Silva told Canal+ in a recent interview.

He added: “He is well, he has already resumed weight training in Brazil, and I really hope he will stay with us at PSG next season.”

PARIS, FRANCE - OCTOBER 31: Neymar of PSG celebrates after his free kick leads to the goal scored by Layvin Kurzawa of PSG during the UEFA Champions League group B match between Paris Saint-Germain and RSC Anderlecht at Parc des Princes on October 31, 2017 in Paris, France. (Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)

Brazilian superstar: Neymar.

Most popular

Wilfried Zaha headlines our Rumour Mill as Tottenham chase Crystal Palace star

David Cooper 20/03/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Zaha has been linked with a switch to the Lilywhites.

Though the summer transfer window is still a few months away, that hasn’t stopped the rumours of players potentially being on the move.

Across the world of football, there remains plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking.

Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen when the market reopens in June.

Get in touch with your thoughts too via Twitter and Facebook.

WILFRIED ZAHA

Spurs will go back in for the Crystal Palace forward this summer – making it the third time Mauricio Pochettino’s side have approached the 25-year-old forward.

According to the Daily Mail, the north London club are hopeful of landing the Ivory Coast winger for a fee in the region of £40 million (Dh206m).

Palace’s Premier League future still remains in the balance, as does Zaha’s, with the former Manchester United star being apparently ready to make a big move again.

Chelsea are also in the mix to sign the wide man, who progressed through the youth ranks at Selhurst Park as a teenager before netting a switch to Old Trafford in 2013 – and then returning back to Palace two years later.

LONDON, ENGLAND - JANUARY 13: Wilfried Zaha of Crystal Palace looks on during the Premier League match between Crystal Palace and Burnley at Selhurst Park on January 13, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

In-demand: Zaha.

BERND LENO

Arsenal are set to launch a raid for the Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper, viewing the German as a long-term successor to Petr Cech who has endured a difficult season.

While the future of boss Arsene Wenger is uncertain after a difficult campaign, the Frenchman is still planning for next season and has made signing a goalkeeper at the top of his to-do list, The Sun reports.

Cech, 35, and back-up David Ospina, are both set to leave the Emirates in the close season, giving Arsenal the chance to sign Leno for a price of around £25 million (Dh128m).

The Germany international, 26, has also attracted attention from both Liverpool and Napoli but Arsenal are believed to have made some early groundwork to try and get the deal done.

LEVERKUSEN, GERMANY - JANUARY 12: Bernd Leno #1 of Bayer Leverkusen looks on during the Bundesliga match between Bayer 04 Leverkusen and FC Bayern Muenchen at BayArena on January 12, 2018 in Leverkusen, Germany. (Photo by Maja Hitij/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Leno is the undisputed No.1 at Bayer Leverkusen.

AARON RAMSEY

Arsenal could run the risk of losing the central midfielder, with Manchester United apparently willing to bring the Welshman to Old Trafford.

The 27-year-old has not enjoyed a vintage campaign and has one more year on his existing deal with the Gunners, fuelling speculation United could land him this summer should he not agree to penning a new deal.

With Michael Carrick retiring at the end of the season and speculation being rife about the long-term future of Paul Pogba, Jose Mourinho is prepared to move for Ramsey.

According to the Daily Star, Ramsey has let it be known he is not best pleased that his contract renewal talks were reportedly shelved in favour of Arsenal giving new terms to Mesut Ozil and discussing a bumper contract offer for Alexis Sanchez, before the Chilean of course moved to United in the January transfer window.

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 15: Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal runs with the ball during the UEFA Europa League Round of 16 second leg match between Arsenal and AC Milan at Emirates Stadium on March 15, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

Linked with United: Ramsey.

Most popular