Monaco sign 22-year-old Russia midfielder Aleksandr Golovin from CSKA Moscow

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Monaco have signed Russia midfielder Aleksandr Golovin from CSKA Moscow.

The 22-year-old, who starred for Russia at the World Cup and had attracted the interest of Chelsea, has signed for a fee believed to be €30m on a five-year deal, and will wear the number 17 shirt.

Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev told Russia publication Sport Express that he felt the French club offered a better opportunity for Golovin.

He said: “Our main competitor was Chelsea. I believe Monaco offered more favourable conditions for the club and a more understandable project for Golovin.”

More to follow…

Most popular

Harry Maguire price tag could force Man United to turn to Toby Alderweireld in centre-back search

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Leicester City are keen for Harry Maguire to stay at the club.

Manchester United have been dealt a setback in their pursuit of centre-back Harry Maguire with Leicester City said to be demanding £75million – a fee that could force United to look elsewhere.

Maguire is in demand after starring for England at the World Cup, and has emerged as United’s first-choice target in defence.

However, the price tag may force the club to switch their attentions back to Tottenham‘s Belgium centre-back Toby Alderweireld, like Maguire a World Cup semi-finalist this summer.

Negotiations between United and Spurs had seemingly broken down earlier this summer as the Manchester club felt their counterparts’ asking price – coincidentally also believed to be £75million – was too high. The clubs were reportedly £20million apart in their valuations, according to Goal.

The same report claims Maguire is a second-choice option for United after Alderweireld, and the club would consider it poor business to end up paying the same amount for the young Englishman as they were being quoted for the Spurs man.

Given United manager Jose Mourinho‘s urgency to strengthen his defensive options, the club could be forced into a decision soon, with the August 9 closure of the transfer window looming.

Most popular

Barcelona left-back Lucas Digne subject of bid in range of €18million to €22million from Everton

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Lucas Digne has been an Everton target all summer.

Everton have offered Barcelona a fee of between €18million and €22million for left-back Lucas Digne, according to RMC Sport, with the decision now in the hands of the Spanish club and Digne himself.

The Frenchman has reportedly not made up his mind on whether to stay at the club, where first-team minutes have been hard to come by with Jordi Alba entrenched in the first-choice XI. However, missing out on France’s squad for the World Cup, which his country went on to win, has stung Digne.

Barcelona would nonetheless like the player to stay, but also don’t want to keep him against his wishes or block a move that would grant him his wish for more playing time.

Digne is also being considered by Juventus, according to the report, in case the Serie A champions need another left-back should Alex Sandro leave the club this summer.

At the moment, the 25-year-old is part of Barcelona’s squad for the pre-season tour in the US, but with less than two weeks to go before the Premier League transfer window closes, Everton will want the player to make a decision quickly.

Most popular