Thomas Lemar happy with decision to join Atletico Madrid after officially completing transfer from Monaco

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Lemar officially completed his move from Monaco to Atletico Madrid on Monday.

Thomas Lemar says he’s “very happy with the decision” to join Atletico Madrid from Monaco this summer.

The move was formalised on Monday after the France playmaker completed a medical, though the transfer had been agreed between the two clubs during the World Cup, which Lemar and France went onto win.

Lemar joins compatriots Antoine Griezmann and Lucas Hernandez in the Atletico squad, and says the duo have left him reassured about his decision to join the La Liga club.

“I’m very happy to be here,” he said.

“Antoine and Lucas have told me lots about the club. I’m very happy with the decision I made.

“I know this team demands hard work and I’ll give it my all for the team. If I need to run more, I’ll do it without a problem.”

Most popular

Willian 'very happy' at Chelsea amid transfer speculation

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Willian has no intention of leaving Chelsea.

Amid rumours that he is set to leave Chelsea this summer, Brazilian winger Willian says he is “very happy” at the club and intends to stay.

The 30-year-old has been linked with moves to Barcelona, Manchester United, and, most recently, Real Madrid.

However, in an interview with Brazilian TV on Sunday, Willian said, “I’m very happy at Chelsea.

“I’m very happy living in London.”

Willian had fallen down the pecking order last season under former manager Antonio Conte, which had fueled speculation of a move away. However, that is no longer an issue, with the Italian having since left the post and been replaced by compatriot Maurizio Sarri.

The Brazilian is due back in London soon to link up with the Chelsea squad after his exertions at the World Cup in Russia this summer.

Most popular

Chelsea will not resume Real Madrid talks about Thibaut Courtois until a replacement is found

David Cooper 30/07/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Hazard and Courtois have been part of a successful recent spell at Chelsea.

Chelsea have informed Real Madrid that they will not resume talks about goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois until they secure a replacement, according to Sky Sports.

Ex-Atletico Madrid loanee Courtois, 26, has been linked with a €35 million (Dh150.7m) return to the Spanish capital all pre-season. The Belgium No1 desires being closer to his children and has declined to renew a contract with the Blues that expires next summer.

But he will begin 2018/19 at Stamford Bridge if a successor is not purchased. Everton’s Jordan Pickford and Stoke City’s Jack Butland have been linked to the role.

Courtois has played 154 times for Chelsea since his arrival from Genk in 2011.

Most popular