Real Madrid and Man United target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic confirms Lazio stay

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic dismissed rumours of his departure from Lazio as he told fans of his decision after arriving for training one day late.

The 23-year-old has been linked to a number of top European clubs, including Spanish giants Real Madrid, Premier League club Manchester United and Serie A champions Juventus, all of whom are willing to pay Lazio’s asking price of €100million for him.

The Serbian international impressed at the 2018 World Cup in Russia but his team crashed out in the Group stage of the tournament.

After national duty however, the midfielder was expected to return to training on Monday, but instead arrived on Tuesday at the Clinica Paideia for his medical.

His agent Mateja Kezman later informed that the delay was because of a missed flight from Belgrade.

Meanwhile, when questioned by fans outside the facility on whether he stay at he club, Milinkovic-Savic said – “Of course I’m staying, do you not see that I’m here?”

Most popular

Tottenham might not make any signings this summer, reveals Mauricio Pochettino

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham might not make any signings this summer after criticising the decision to close the transfer window early.

Spurs, who traditionally do their business late, are the only club in the top six not to bring any fresh faces in so far and only have another eight days to do so before the window shuts on August 9.

The decision to bring forward deadline day was voted on by Premier League clubs, who opted to shut the window before the season starts, although it remains open for the rest of Europe.

And the fact Pochettino has failed to land any targets so far has done little to help his mood, with the Argentinian having already complained about the early start of the Premier League season after the World Cup.

With just over a week to go, the boss does not know how many signings – if any – he will make.

“Last season I told you some numbers, but this season we don’t know,” Pochettino told several national newspapers ahead of his side’s final friendly of their United States tour against AC Milan.

“I don’t know if we are going to sign or not. We’re working on that. I cannot tell you if we’re going to sign one, zero or two or three or four.

“We’re working. It’s true that it’s so close, the transfer window is so close, but the club’s doing everything to help the team and add some players, more quality, and try to help us in the season to achieve what we want.”

Pochettino believes the transfer window still being open across Europe until the end of August harms Premier League teams, particularly those competing in the Champions League.

“If you compare with Europe I think you are at a complete disadvantage and sure it does not help the clubs in the Premier League,” Pochettino added.

“We are all in the same situation in England. It’s clear that today I don’t know if the rest of the teams are happy with that decision.

“Personally I think it’s not right. In that situation I think it didn’t help or it’s not going to help the Premier League clubs or the clubs in England to have the same possibility as another contender, because we are going to compete in the Champions League and to have 20 days less is I think not a thing that is going to help you.”

Pochettino delivered a third successive top-three finish in the Premier League last season and immediately urged the club to be “brave and take risks” in the summer, having earlier in the year revealed his desire to do most of his business in pre-season.

Most popular

Barcelona put one-week deadline on pursuit of Adrien Rabiot

David Cooper 31/07/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Adrien Rabiot

Barcelona are running out of time to recruit another midfielder to help bolster their squad but are willing to wait one more week for Adrien Rabiot, according to Sport.

The Catalans have been keen on acquiring the services of the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder this summer and will pursue the transfer for now.

The Frenchman’s contract at PSG expires next season but Barca are hopeful that the 23-year-old will force his way out of the French capital.

Most popular

Related Tags