Italy striker Mario Balotelli locked in tense talks about Serie A return with promoted Parma

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Italy striker Mario Balotelli has reportedly been offered a return to Serie A with Parma, but the promoted side are struggling to meet his wage demands.

Balotelli, 27, is available on a free transfer after two successful campaigns with Nice managed to rejuvenate his stagnant career. He had been expected to remain in Ligue 1 with Marseille, but they failed to thrash out an agreement with agent Mino Raiola.

Gazzetta dello Sport stated on Friday that the Gialloblu – back in the top flight for the first time since 2014/15 and free of the chronic financial troubles that caused their relegation – have opened talks to land the ex-Internazionale and AC Milan hit man.

These negotiations are proving fraught, however, as Parma have offered €2.5 million per year and Raiola has demanded €5m per year to sign.

Balotelli struck 43 times in 66 Nice matches.

Most popular

Barcelona misfit Andre Gomes receives offer from West Ham

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Andre Gomes

Misfit midfielder Andre Gomes has reportedly been offered an escape route away from his Barcelona misery by West Ham.

Gomes, 25, has endured two trying seasons since his move from Valencia. This struggle with personal demons and form saw him make only 16 appearances last term as Barca won La Liga.

Esport3 have stated that Manuel Pellegrini’s side have made an offer for a Portugal international – although he wasn’t selected for World Cup 2018 – they feel can be rejuvenated by new surroundings.

Gomes will miss the start of the Premier League season, if bought, because of an injury picked up in the pre-season friendly against Tottenham.

Most popular

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri gives update over Thibaut Courtois' future

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Will he stay or will he go? Thibaut Courtois.

New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is unsure whether Thibaut Courtois will stay at the club.

The Belgian No1 has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer and has revealed his desire to return to the capital, where he some of his family resides.

Ahead of Sunday’s pre-season curtain-raiser, the Community Shield clash against Manchester City, Sarri told the assembled media that he hoped the 26-year-old would stay. However, it was dependent on him.

“At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of the club, of Chelsea,” Sarri told reporters. “I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club. It depends especially on him, I think.

“But, I hope that Courtois will be our goalkeeper. It’s very important for us to keep the top players.”

Los Blancos have yet to show their hand and make a concrete bid for Courtois’s services, however, sources at the Bernabeu have made clear that could be imminent.

Most popular