Aleix Vidal is set to complete his transfer from Barcelona to Sevilla, the La Liga champions have confirmed.
The full-back has left Barcelona’s US training camp to finalise the move with the transfer fee expected to be in the region of €9 million.
Vidal will return to the club he joined the Catalans from in 2015.
“Aleix Vidal is travelling to Barcelona today with permission from the club to settle his future,” a tweet from Barcelona’s official account read.
The announcement came just hours after Barcelona confirmed an agreement with Bayern Munich over the transfer of Arturo Vidal.
“I talked with the club about the market but only one time, maybe two times. No more,” the Italian said.
“We spoke about positions, about characteristics, no names. So I don’t know. I think we need something. But maybe only a player.”
And keeping Chelsea’s leading talents is the priority.
Willian cut a forlorn figure at times under Conte and has been linked with Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid this summer. He reported late for Chelsea duty after the World Cup.
“There is not a Willian problem,” Sarri said.
“I spoke yesterday (Thursday) with him about his lateness, not about his future. It was a very positive conversation. I am happy about it.”
Thibaut Courtois is due to return to Chelsea training this weekend after helping Belgium finish third at the World Cup and being voted the best goalkeeper at Russia 2018.
The 26-year-old has a year to run on his current contract and has been continually linked with a move prior to the summer transfer window closing, with Real Madrid rumoured to be his most likely destination if he is sold.
“At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of the club, of Chelsea,” Sarri added.
“I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club. It depends especially on him, I think.
“But, I hope that Courtois will be our goalkeeper. It’s very important for us to keep the top players.”
The futures of Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante have been the subject of speculation, too, with both set to return this weekend but not in time to feature in Sunday’s Community Shield with Manchester City.
Sarri admits City are also hindered by players absent on post-World Cup breaks, but the situation contrasts with Chelsea’s as he is new to the role.
Cesc Fabregas may miss out due to a minor knee problem.
The Chile midfielder has agreed a three-year contract at the Camp Nou and will undergo a medical in the coming days, the Spanish champions announced on their website.
Vidal joined Bayern from Juventus in 2015 and won the Bundesliga title in each of his three seasons at the club.
Neither club have announced a transfer fee for the 31-year-old – who was under contract at Bayern until June 30, 2019 – but reports in Spain suggest Barca will pay in the region of €20 million.
A Barca statement read: “Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the transfer of player Arturo Vidal. The agreement is for the next three seasons and is pending the medical examination that the player will undertake over the course of the next few days.”
Vidal played 124 competitive games for Bayern, scoring 22 goals and providing 17 assists. As well as his three Bundesliga titles he also helped the German giants win the DFB-Pokal in 2016 and the German Super Cup twice.
The former Bayer Leverkusen player said on Bayern’s official website: “Thanks to FC Bayern and all the fans. I really enjoyed my time in Munich. I would like to thank the club for giving me another chance to take on a new challenge in Barcelona.”
Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: “We celebrated great success during this time, and Arturo had a significant share in that. He has always been at the forefront of important games, we have always been able to rely on him.”
Earlier on Friday Barca announced they had agreed a deal to sign teenage Senegal defender Moussa Wague from Belgian side KAS Eupen.
The 19-year-old right-back, who has already passed his medical with Barca, played all three of Senegal’s games at this summer’s World Cup and his goal in the 2-2 draw with Japan saw him become the youngest African goalscorer in finals history.
Barca have already signed Arthur, Malcom and Clement Lenglet this summer, while Andres Iniesta, Paulinho, Lucas Digne and Gerard Deulofeu are among those who have left the Nou Camp.