England’s former number one has signed a two-year deal at Turf Moor after bringing to an end his 12-year association with City.
The 31-year-old told Clarets Player: “I feel like I’m in the right place and I feel like this is my time to kick on now. Everything has really impressed me. I’ve heard such good things about the atmosphere.
“I heard that was the vibe and I’ve come here first day, and you can just see it – it just stinks of it.
“Everyone wants to play for each other, everyone wants to win and everyone wants to do their best.”
Burnley, who finished seventh in the Premier League last season, emerged as an unlikely destination for Hart after injuries to Nick Pope and Tom Heaton, both also England internationals.
Pope, who was part of England’s squad at the World Cup this summer, dislocated his shoulder in the recent Europa League qualifier at Aberdeen.
With Heaton returning to fitness after a calf strain, manager Sean Dyche decided to enter the transfer market ahead of this week’s deadline.
When all are fit, Hart will face tough competition for a place but Dyche is convinced he is ready for that challenge.
Dyche said: “It’s strange to have three of the recent England goalkeepers in the one camp, especially here at Burnley.
“But the timing is right and having spoken to Joe I think it’s right for him too.
“He is clear-minded in the sense that he just wants to get on and work, part of the team and earn the right for a chance to play.”
Hart’s move was marked with warm words from his former employers City, who have promised supporters the chance to show their appreciation with a ‘formal tribute’ in the autumn. City are due to host Burnley in October.
City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Joe Hart’s contribution to Manchester City cannot be overstated.
“His 12 years at the club have seen him produce some remarkable performances and heart-stopping saves that will live in the memory for a long time to come.
“His passion for and commitment to this club, evidenced by a remarkable tally of 348 appearances, means he will rightly be regarded as a City legend in perpetuity.”
City captain Vincent Kompany said: “Joe joined as a young lad from Shrewsbury and leaves a City legend.
“When you look at the club he joined and the club as it is now, we have come so far during his time in Manchester and Joe has been a huge part of that. It’s been an absolute pleasure to play alongside him for so many years.”
Manchester United have reportedly agreed a deal with Tottenham for centre-back Toby Alderweireld, with Spurs’ search for a replacement the only obstacle left to clear in finalising the transfer, according to Goal.
29-year-old Alderweireld has been a target of United’s all summer, but the club had reportedly given up hope of signing the Belgian as Tottenham’s reported £75million asking price was too high.
But reports this week suggested that the defender had his mind set on a move to the Red Devils, and a clause in his Tottenham contract that would make him available for £25 million next summer is likely forcing Spurs’ hand. The agreed fee is thought to be closer to £57m.
However, United are wary that Spurs could pull out of the deal at the last minute if they can’t line up a replacement. The club, who have been linked with centre-backs Harry Maguire, Jerome Boateng, and Yerry Mina this summer, are continuing to look at alternatives to Alderweireld should a deal fall through.
The 26-year-old, who has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, was handed an extended holiday after finishing third at the World Cup with Belgium.
However, Courtois was expected to return to the Blues’ Cobham training base on Monday, but did not attend.
Reports suggested he was also absent on Tuesday, having told new manager Maurizio Sarri he wanted to leave the club before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
Should Courtois – signed from Genk in July 2011 before spending a three-season loan spell with Atletico Madrid – not resume training with the Blues, he is likely to face an internal disciplinary meeting and the potential of a fine of up to two weeks wages.
Press Association Sport has contacted Chelsea for comment.
The likes of Athletic Bilbao’s Kepa Arrizabalaga, Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid and Stoke’s Jack Butland are potential replacements should Courtois depart, but all parties are up against the transfer deadline to get any potential deals completed.
Chelsea, meanwhile, could also be set to make another addition to the squad with a loan deal for midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain.
The Blues, beaten in the FA Community Shield by Manchester City last weekend, complete their pre-season games against Lyon at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening.
Chelsea will open the new Premier League campaign at Huddersfield on Saturday.