Los Blancos remain in the market for a replacement in attack following Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure to Juventus during the summer transfer window. With money available, the club are ready to step up their efforts to land a key name.
However, this will depend on whether UEFA will punish the Ligue 1 champions for Financial Fair Play breaches.
If the Neymar deal does not go ahead, then Real will move for Inter’s Mauro Icardo or Red Bull Leipzig’s Timo Werner.
However, the pre-match press conference saw Maurizio Sarri having to discuss a potential high-profile departure yet again.
The Blues boss was asked whether there had been any update on Eden Hazard‘s future.
The Belgium playmaker continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid, where the transfer window remains open for another two weeks.
“I have spoken with him very often in the last 10 days,” Sarri said.
“He has never said anything to me about this. I am sure Eden will be with us for this season.”
Liverpool have agreed a £2million fee with Cagliari for defender Ragnar Klavan, according to the Evening Standard.
The Estonia international is surplus to requirements at Anfield and the Serie A side have agreed a fee for his transfer.
Klavan, 32, is due in Italy on Friday to negotiate personal terms and undergo a medical.