Real Madrid target Eden Hazard confirms Chelsea stay but leaves future open

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Eden Hazard

Eden Hazard is sitting tight at Chelsea and will not agitate for a move to Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old has begun his seventh season at Chelsea, whom he joined from Lille in June 2012, after a summer of speculation over his future.

“For the moment, I am happy,” Hazard told RMC Sport.

“I have two more years of contract and we will see what will happen.

“Leave this year? I will not leave. I’m fine here, we’ll see what happens in a year or two.”

Hazard has two years to run on the five-year contract he signed in February 2015 and has been pondering an extension.

Prior to May’s FA Cup final, with Chelsea’s absence from this season’s Champions League confirmed by their fifth-placed finish in the Premier League, Hazard said the delay was because he was “waiting for good players”.

He went on to win a first FA Cup, adding to two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Europa League title.

Then, after helping Belgium to third place at the World Cup with victory over England, Hazard added to the speculation by hinting of his desire to leave Stamford Bridge.

He said then: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. You all know my preferred destination.”

After playing a starring substitute role in Saturday’s 3-2 win over Arsenal, Hazard admitted Chelsea would not let him leave, despite the Spanish transfer window remaining open until the end of this month.

The closure of the English transfer window on August 9 means Chelsea now cannot sign any players until January.

Hazard added: “Everybody knows what I said after the World Cup. But I’m happy here. I do not want to talk about it yet.

“A lot of things have been said, nonsense and everything.

“The transfer window in England is over. Clubs cannot sign players. It would be a little odd if they (Chelsea) sell me now while they can’t recruit a replacement.

“We could still see (on Saturday) that the fans love me.”

Most popular

PSG target Filipe Luis will not be allowed to leave Atletico Madrid

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Set to stay in Spanish capital: Filipe Luis.

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone wants to keep defender Filipe Luis at the club, despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain in the Brazilian.

It had been reported by Spanish newspapers El Mundo and Marca that the 33-year-old former Chelsea star was subject of a bid from PSG, however, the La Liga club are adamant he is staying put.

Speaking ahead of Atletico’s trip to Valencia on Sunday, Simeone described Luis as an “extremely important player” and “one we want to keep a lot”.

The player in question has one year remaining on his existing contract but appears second choice to France’s World Cup winner Lucas Hernandez this term.

Most popular

Real Madrid consider comeback for Lyon striker Mariano Diaz

David Cooper 18/08/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Real star: Diaz.

Real Madrid are reportedly considering whether to rehire Lyon striker Mariano Diaz.

Diaz, 25, spent five years at Santiago Bernabeu before he was sold to the Ligue 1 outfit in 2017. A flurry of 21 goals in 45 appearances have followed.

Marca have reported that such form has piqued the interest of the Spain-born, Dominican Republic international’s former employers.

Los Blancos view him as an alternative target to Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski, Internazionale’s Mauro Icardi and RB Leipzig’s Timo Werner.

Most popular