Transfer round-up: Origi one of four Liverpool stars who are set to move on

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Set to leave Anfield: Divock Origi.

Four Liverpool players are on the way out of Anfield, including striker Divock Origi who is wanted by Besiktas, according to the Daily Mirror.

Other departures could include Lazar Markovic who could head to Belgium, Sheyi Ojo is close to joining Reims on loan, while Pedro Chirivella is wanted by Rosenborg, the paper says.

Nacer Chadli, who starred for Belgium at the World Cup in Russia, is looking to leave recently-relegated West Brom, the Daily Telegraph says. Chadli, 29, is looking to exit the Hawthorns before Friday’s loan deadline, with Besiktas interested in bringing in the winger.

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is set to leave Stoke to join Paris Saint Germain, The Sun reports. The Cameroon forward joined the Potters from Schalke last August and scored five times as the Potters were relegated from the Premier League.

Moussa Dembele is being watched by Ligue 1 rivals Marseille and Lyon, according to the Daily Mirror. The Celtic striker missed training amid interest from the clubs wishing to bring the 22-year-old back to his native France.

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis is looking for a reunion with winger Jason Puncheon, according to the Teesside Gazette. The Crystal Palace man has been told he may leave on loan with Boro in the driving seat, the paper said.

SAINT PETERSBURG, RUSSIA - JULY 14: Nacer Chadli of Belgium looks on prior to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia 3rd Place Playoff match between Belgium and England at Saint Petersburg Stadium on July 14, 2018 in Saint Petersburg, Russia. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

On the move? Nacer Chadli.

Players to watch before the window slams shut on August 31

Jan Oblak: The Slovenia goalkeeper looks set to leave Atletico Madrid after rejecting the offer of a new contract, according to AS.

Paul Pogba: The Manchester United man is among three midfielders to be targeted by Barcelona next summer, according to Sport. The other players being watched by the La Liga giants are Adrien Rabiot at PSG and Ajax’s Frenkie De Jong.

Quincy Promes: The Dutch winger could be swapping Spartak Moscow for Sevilla, AS reports.

Most popular

Olympiacos manager tight-lipped over move for former Man City star Yaya Toure

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Olympiacos manager Pedro Martins has refused to comment on speculation linking Yaya Toure with a return to the club.

Ivorian midfielder Toure, a free agent after leaving Manchester City at the end of the last season, is reportedly close to rejoining the Greek side.

The 35-year-old played for Olympiacos for one season in 2005-06 before moving on to Monaco, Barcelona and Premier League champions City.

Toure’s agent, Dimitry Seluk, has fuelled rumours about his client’s future with a series of cryptic tweets, including one which states the player has “passed a medical in London” and is “close to signing a new contract”.

Martins, whose side face Burnley in the second leg of their Europa League qualifier on Thursday, remained tight-lipped about the situation at his pre-match press conference.

“I have to remain concentrated on the group of players I have and not refer to players that do not belong to our group yet,” said the Portuguese.

Olympiacos head to a Turf Moor with a 3-1 aggregate lead following last week’s first leg in Piraeus.

Despite the healthy advantage, Martins refused to admit his team were favourites to reach the group stage of the competition.

“No, I do not accept this title because everyone knows how good Burnley can be in their stadium,” he said.

Most popular

Anthony Martial set to sign new five-year deal at Man United

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Anthony Martial is set to sign a new five-year deal at Manchester United, according to The Times.

The 22-year-old has been offered the new contract despite his reported fall-out with manager Jose Mourinho, which has led to increased speculation that he could depart Old Trafford.

The French forward, who joined United from Monaco for £36million in 2015, scored 11 goals across 43 appearances in all competitions for the Premier League giants last season.

He is now set to put pen to paper on a new deal as he believes he will be at the club longer than under pressure manager Mourinho.

Most popular