From Kobe Bryant announcing his retirement to Cristiano Ronaldo’s apology, here’s a look at the elevent most retweeted global athlete tweets in 2015.
1. Kobe Bryant announces he will retire at the end of the season – 131K Retweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) November 29, 2015
2. Gerard Pique tweets all emojis – 114K Retweets
3. Xabi Alonso marks Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard’s retirement – 112K Retweets
My hero. My mate. pic.twitter.com/qFmO53EQvl
— Xabi Alonso (@XabiAlonso) January 2, 2015
4. Mike Tyson is underwhelmed by the #MayPac fight after five years of waiting – 107K Retweets
— Mike Tyson (@MikeTyson) May 3, 2015
5. Floyd Mayweather builds tension just beforee #MayPac fight – 89K Retweets
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) May 3, 2015
6. Luke Shaw thanks Manchester United fans for support after devastating injury – 83K Retweets
Thank you everyone for your messages , words can’t describe how gutted I am , my road to recovery starts now, I will come back stronger.
— Luke Shaw (@LukeShaw23) September 15, 2015
7. Iker Casillas shares a video reflecting on his Real Madrid career – 79K Retweets
— Iker Casillas (@CasillasWorld) July 12, 2015
8. Stephen Curry rejoices after Golden State Warriors victory in the NBA Finals – 66K Retweets
9. Cristiano Ronaldo apologizes to fans for getting a red card in the game against Cordoba – 60K Retweets
Pido disculpas a todos y especialmente a Edimar por mi acto irreflexivo en el partido de hoy.
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) January 24, 2015
10. NBA star Lamarcus Aldridge announces his return to Texas to become a San Antonio Spur – 56K Retweets
I’m happy to say I’m going home to Texas and will be a Spur!! I’m excited to join the team and be close to my family and friends.
— Lamarcus Aldridge (@aldridge_12) July 4, 2015
11. Steve Nash confirms his retirement from basketball – 54K Retweets
— Steve Nash (@SteveNash) March 21, 2015