McGregor: I'm going to stop Floyd Mayweather

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Conor McGregor and Michael Conlon.

The double UFC champion stopped ring side following Conlan’s third round TKO win over Tim Ibarra to confront Brian Campbell of CBS Sport.

“I’m going to stop Floyd,” he said. “You’re all going to eat your words. The whole world is going to eat their words.”

Although no agreement has been made for the fight to take place, it looks more a possibility now than ever before.

Just last week, Mayweather said he wanted to face the 28-year-old in June.

I don’t want to hear no more excuses about the money, about the UFC. Sign the paper with the UFC so you can fight me in June. Simple and plain, let’s fight in June.

McGregor is currently on a break for the impending birth of his first child, a son with his long-time girlfriend Dee Devlin, who is due to give birth in May.

Should the fight go ahead, it will take place after the summer.

Most popular

Related Tags

All you need to know ahead of Golovkin vs Jacobs

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Can Golovkin win for a 37th time?

Gennady Golovkin, the undisputed king of the middleweight division, will step into the ring on Sunday morning (UAE time) to face Daniel Jacobs in an explosive match in New York.

Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the big fight.

WHEN IS THE FIGHT?

Saturday, March 18 (Sunday, March 19 UAE time)

WHERE IS THE FIGHT ON?

Madison Square Garden, New York.

WHAT TIME WILL IT START?

Approximately 1am GMT (5am UAE time)

HOW CAN I WATCH IT?

BoxNation or cricfree.tv

WHICH FIGHTER HAS A BETTER RECORD?

GENNADY GOLOVKIN 

Fights: 36
Won: 36
KOs: 33
Draws: 0
Lost: 0

DANIEL JACOBS

Fights: 33
Won: 32 
KOs: 
29
Draws: 0
Lost: 1

Most popular

Related Tags

Mayweather: I'm coming out of retirement just to fight McGregor

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

In a posting on the MMA website, the 40-year-old American said he wants to face McGregor, 28, in June.

“For Conor McGregor, I’m coming out of retirement, just to fight Conor McGregor,” Mayweather told FightHype, according to the posting.

“Today, I’m officially out of retirement for Conor McGregor. We don’t need to waste no time. We need to make this… happen quickly. Let’s get it on in June.”

Mayweather had matched Rocky Marciano’s iconic 49-0 unbeaten career record when he walked away from boxing as the welterweight champion in 2015.

Speculation of a Mayweather-McGregor fight has intensified in recent months, with the US star saying he is willing to meet McGregor in a boxing ring.

McGregor, however, is under contract to the Ultimate Fighting Championship series, which would have to approve any deal for the bout to happen.

“I don’t want to hear no more excuses about the money, about the UFC,” Mayweather said. “Sign the paper with the UFC so you can fight me in June. Simple and plain. Let’s fight in June. If you want to fight, sign the paperwork, let’s do it.”

McGregor is on a break for the impending birth of his first child, a son with his long-time girlfriend Dee Devlin, who is due to give birth in May.

Most popular

Related Tags

Related Sections