Clement Lenglet unveiled as Barcelona's latest signing

Sport360 staff 13/07/2018

Spanish giants Barcelona unveiled their latest signing, defender Clement Lenglet from Sevilla, at the Camp Nou on Friday.

The 23-year-old has joined Barca on a five-year deal, worth €35.9 million and inclusive of a €300 million release clause.

The French centre-back will compete with Gerard Pique and Samuel Umtiti for a place in Barca’s defensive backline next season.

“I want to play as much as possible,” Lenglet said.

“I know I’m in a very big club with competition in my position but I will try to play and do my best to be on the field for every game.

“I’m here to win titles and that’s very important.

“I’m also ambitious but respectful, there are very good players here and I’m going to learn.”

Most popular

Barcelona make first contact with Chelsea's Eden Hazard

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Eden Hazard has become a top priority transfer target for Barcelona this summer.

Only recently the Spanish giants made first contact with the Chelsea winger, who is thinking of a move away from Stamford Bridge, according to Sport.

Barcelona have made two signings so far – Brazilian midfielder Arthur from Gremio and defender Clement Lenglet from Sevilla. However, Ernesto Valverde is looking to strengthen his attack and after Antoine Griezmann snubbed the chance to play alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez – Hazard is being seen as an alternative.

The 27-year-old though is still involved in the World Cup and will feature for Belgium in the third-place clash against England on Saturday.

A danger to Barca’s chances of bringing the Belgian to Camp Nou looms in the form of rivals Real Madrid.

After Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit to Juventus, Los Blancos are keen to bring either Neymar or Kylian Mbappe to the Santiago Bernabeu.

If neither of them can be signed, Florentino Perez’s attention will likely switch to Hazard and see the two giants go head-to-head to sign him.

Most popular

Arthur completes €31million move to Barcelona

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
New Barca man: Arthur.

Barcelona have completed the €31million signing of midfielder Arthur from Brazilian club Gremio.

The Catalan giants announced the news on their official website, confirming the player will sign a six-year contract with a buy-out clause of Euros 400m (£350m).

In a statement the club said: “FC Barcelona and Gremio de Porto Alegre have agreed the transfer of the player Arthur Henrique Ramos de Oliveira Melo, following the agreement the two clubs reached in March.

“The agreement will see the Brazilian player immediately join the squad.”

The 21-year-old, who will join compatriot Philippe Coutinho in the Barcelona squad, is yet to make a full senior appearance for the national team.

However, he has come through the Brazilian junior teams and starred in a Gremio team which won both the Copa do Brasil and the Copa Libertadores.

Arthur started his career at his local club Goias before being spotted in 2010 by Gremio, then under the charge of former Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Most popular