Bangladesh players call off strike, India tour to go ahead as scheduled

Sport360 staff 13:50 23/10/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Shakib Al Hasan (l).

Bangladesh cricketers have called off their strike that began on Monday, after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) agreed to fulfill most of the players’ demands on Wednesday.

As a result, their tour to India starting from November 3, will go as per plan. Bangladesh will start their training for the India clashes from October 25.

“We have agreed to meet up most of their demands,” Nazmul Hasan, the president of the BCB said in a joint press conference where Shakib al Hasan was sitting beside him at the board room.

“We had earlier decided to cancel the third round of the NCL, but as the players decided to play we have shifted it to next Saturday. The national camp will start from October 25,” he said, ending all speculation hovering around the upcoming India tour.

Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had reportedly appointed ODI captain Mashrafe Mortaza as the mediator to resolve the dispute.

The players had released a list of 11 demands, which included reverting the Bangladesh Premier League to its old franchise-based format, resignation of the president of the Cricketers Welfare Association, the removal of the Dhaka Premier League salary cap, match-fee hikes at first-class level, increase in the number of domestic tournaments and allowing players to play more than two overseas franchise-based leagues.

Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended

Most popular