Excellent record: Robin Van Persie will be hoping to add to his impressive record against Stoke City on Tuesday night.
Ahead of every round of Premier League games, Sport360 – with some help from our friends at Opta Stats – will provide the pick of the facts and figures. Here are this week's highlights:
Tuesday, December 2
Burnley v Newcastle United
- The Magpies have lost four of their last five trips to Turf Moor in the league, including the last three in a row (W1).
- Newcastle haven’t scored a PL goal earlier than the 37th minute so far this season and are the only side yet to score in the opening 30 minutes of a PL game in 2014-15.
- Burnley have conceded a league-high nine headed goals this season.
Leicester City v Liverpool
- Leicester have lost just one of the last six Prem home games against Liverpool (W2 D3 L1).
- Liverpool have already lost four Premier League away games this term; the same number they lost on the road last season and just one fewer than they suffered in 2012/13, Brendan Rodgers’ first campaign at the helm (5).
- Leicester have not failed to score in three consecutive home league games since March 2008, and have not done so in the top-flight since September 1983.
Manchester United v Stoke City
- Stoke have lost their last 11 away games against Manchester United in all competitions.
- Robin van Persie has netted one goal in each of his four Premier League games against the Potters in a Manchester United shirt.
- Overall, Van Persie has scored 10 goals in nine Premier League appearances against Stoke.
Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers
- There have been 13 goals scored in the last three Barclays Premier League matches between QPR and Swansea.
- QPR have taken just one point from the last 33 in the Premier League away from home.
- QPR have conceded the first goal of the game on a league-high 10 occasions this season.
- Conversely, Swansea have conceded the first goal of the game on the fewest occasions in the PL this season (2).
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
- Palace won both Premier League meetings against Villa last season by a 1-0 score line.
- Villa have not won away against Palace since September 1980, losing five and drawing six of their last 11 visits in all competitions
- Mile Jedinak has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League apps, this after netting just once in his first 42 in the competition.
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
- Five of the last seven Premier League meetings between the Hammers and the Baggies have ended as draws, with one win apiece in the other games in that run.
- West Ham have gone 12 Premier League games away from home without a clean sheet.
- Nine of Berahino's last 10 competitive goals for West Brom have come at the Hawthorns.
Wednesday 3rd December
Arsenal v Southampton
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League games vs Southampton (W5 D4).
- Olivier Giroud has scored three goals in his last two Premier League games against the Saints.
- Arsene Wenger has come up against Ronald Koeman on seven occasions, winning just one match, drawing four and losing two.
- Arsenal have been trailing at some point in five of their six Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium this season.
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have not won away at Stamford Bridge in any competition since February 1990 when Gary Lineker scored the winning goal in a 2-1 win (W0 D10 L17).
- Jose Mourinho’s side have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 14 Premier League home matches.
- Chelsea have lost only one of their last 17 Premier League London derbies (W12 D4) – this coming in a 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace in March.
- Chelsea have won all three Premier League games that they have conceded the first goal in this season.
- Chelsea and Spurs have both won the most points from losing positions this season (9).
Everton v Hull City
- Everton have won four of the six Premier League meetings with Hull (W4 D1 L1), including all three at Goodison Park.
- No Hull City player has ever scored a second half goal in the Premier League against Everton, with their only goal (of the seven overall) they have registered coming after half-time from a Phil Neville own goal.
- Everton have won just three of their last 9 Premier League games at Goodison (W3 D2 L4).
- Hull have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League games and only netted once in the other game during this run.
Sunderland v Manchester City
- Sunderland have lost just one of the last six Barclays Premier League games against Manchester City (W3 D2 L1).
- The Citizens have failed to win of their last five Premier League visits to the Stadium of light losing the last four in a row.
- The last four meetings between City and Sunderland at the Stadium of Light have ended in 1-0 wins for the home side. Only one exact fixture in Premier League history has ever finished with the same scoreline in five consecutive matches (Spurs 2-1 Man City, 2004/05 – 2008/09).
- James Milner has scored more goals against Sunderland (5) than any other Premier League opponent.
All statistics and facts are brought to you by Opta Sports.
Know more about Sport360 Application