The provincial prosecutor’s office of Madrid said in a statement on Wednesday that it is seeking a conviction against the 36-year-old ex-Spain international for alleged offences between 2010 and 2012.
Alonso, who retired at the end of last season, is accused of defrauding authorities of over 2million euros in unpaid tax.
Along with his financial advisor Ivan Zaldua Azcuenaga, and Ignasi Maestre Casanova, administrator of his shell company, Alonso is also facing a 4million euros fine, the prosecutor’s office said.
The case was originally dismissed, but was reopened earlier this year. Alonso has denied any wrongdoing.
Know more about Sport360 Application