Hello, Barcelona fans! The Sport360 team are here bringing you the latest news from the Camp Nou.
9:30pm – Sergio Busquets hopes Real Madrid will struggle
The Spanish midfielder hopes Los Blancos will have a poor season after selling Cristiano Ronaldo last month. Read what he said here.
4:30pm – Barcelona to wait until next summer to sign Paul Pogba
The La Liga champions are prepared to play the waiting game to sign Paul Pogba from Manchester United, according to reports. The Frenchman has been strongly linked with a move to the Nou Camp. Read more on that story here.
11.30am – Valverde lavishes praise on Messi
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde praised his players’ patience as they got their season off to a winning start.
Read more, here.
11am – Things learned from Camp Nou
Our Spanish football expert Andy West brings you his things learned from the match.
Read more, here.
10:30am – Barcelona player ratings from last night’s match
Barcelona are back and so is Lionel Messi.
The Argentine scored the Blaugrana’s 6,000th goal La Liga as the defending champions secured a 3-0 win over Alaves at the Camp Nou on Saturday.
Messi swept in a delightful free-kick midway through the second half before substitute Philippe Coutinho curled home a superb superb second before the Barca captain doubled his tally late one.
Here, we rate both sides as Ernesto Valverde’s side kicked off their defence with a comfortable victory.
The Portuguese completed his move to the Serie A champions last month as Los Blancos look to begin life without their most prolific players.
Real Madrid open their La Liga campaign against Getafe later on Sunday night and Busquets hopes their rivals will struggle although he believes coach Julen Lopetegui will make them a competitive side.
“I hope they miss him and notice the lack of goals,” he told El Pais. “But I know his coach and he will make Madrid more of a team.”
The Frenchman has been strongly linked with a move to the Nou Camp. However, the Red Devils insist there’s no chance of him leaving especially as they will not be able to bring in a replacement given that the transfer window for English clubs closed on August 9.
However, according to reports, the Spanish champions will play the waiting game and try to prise the 25-year-old with an offer of £50m plus two players.