The Chilean was on the losing side when Barcelona beat Juventus in the 2015 final, but it’s his losses with Bayern to Real Madrid the last two seasons that truly rankle.
Bayern lost in the quarter-finals in 2016-17, and in the semi-finals last year, and on both occasions there was an element of controversy, with the Bundesliga giants feeling that key refereeing decisions went against them.
“My favourite title is the Champions League,” Vidal told Mundo Deportivo.
“I know Barcelona have won it on other occasions but I want to win it now – I want to win it all.”
The midfielder added: “With VAR, Bayern would have two more Champions Leagues.”
It’s the latest setback in what has been an injury-riddled career for the Spaniard, who spent last season on loan at Las Palmas, a spell that was marked by injuries again.
Samper also missed the Blaugrana’s pre-season tour of the US last month due to injury.
Wednesday’s news comes with a degree of concern as Samper has previously required surgery on the same ankle.
This is a critical season for 23-year-old midfielder Samper, who has long been touted as the next academy product to make the step up at the Camp Nou. With his injury history, and with Barcelona having plenty of options in midfield already, his future at the club will come under increasing scrutiny.
The club are resigned to accepting loan offers as few suitors have emerged to take the forward on a permanent deal, with Barcelona’s asking price influenced by the €30million plus add-ons they paid Valencia for him two years ago.
Alcacer hasn’t featured for the La Liga champions yet this season.
Borussia Dortmund are a potential destination, though the forward is said to prefer a move to another Spanish club, with Real Betis and Alaves on the radar.
Alcacer scored seven goals for Barca last season, but played only 996 minutes, and his playing time at the club would only be further reduced this season.