Barcelona yet to open contract talks with left-back Jordi Alba

David Cooper 11/10/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Barcelona have yet to make contact with star left-back Jordi Alba about a new contract.

Alba, 29, has made 259 appearances for Barca since the former youth player was brought back to the club from Valencia in June 2012. He has, however, only got two years remaining on his current deal at Camp Nou.

Speaking to Mundo Deportivo, general manager Pep Segura remained calm about the situation.

He said: “We are very happy with the performance of Jordi Alba,”

“He is a player of ours and we want him to feel at ease in his home.

“This situation of approach about a renewal is coming. There is no doubt about that.”

Alba has won 66 caps for Spain, but was again left out of the squad for this month’s internationals by ex-Barca boss Luis Enrique.

Most popular

Malcom situation at Barcelona 'difficult to explain', says agent

David Cooper 11/10/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Malcom is set to wear the No7 shirt at Barcelona.

Summer signing Malcom’s lack of action at Barcelona is “difficult to explain”, according to his agent.

Malcom, 21, was stolen from Roma’s grasp at the last second in July. But the €41 million buy from Bordeaux has played just 25 minutes in La Liga, across two, brief, substitute appearances.

Speaking to RAC1, representative Junior Minguella spoke about his client’s situation.

“It is difficult to explain,” he said. “All players need adaptation and Malcom has had enough time to do it and have minutes.

“So far he has not had them, but when he can play he will demonstrate the quality he has.”

He added: “He’s fine [Malcom] and eager to play. He does not like the situation, but he is focused and very motivated.”

Malcom has been called up for Brazil’s imminent friendlies against Saudi Arabia and Argentina. The forward scored 23 times in 96 matches for Bordeaux after a January 2016 move from Corinthians.

Most popular

Barcelona fear Samuel Umtiti will miss first El Clasico of the season

David Cooper 11/10/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti is facing a race against time to be bit for the first El Clasico of the season on October 28.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Umtiti – who has been struggling with a knee injury – is likely to miss the Champions League clash with Inter Milan before Real Madrid come to town a few days later. The France defender has already been ruled out of the top-of-the-table clash with Sevilla on October 20.

Barca are taking things slow with Umtiti as they try and avoid the need for surgery, but the Catalan club have struggled in his absence.

Gerard Pique has put in a string of sub-par performances at the back and the Blaugrana have suffered the consequences – failing to win in La Liga since a 2-1 victory at Real Sociedad in September 15.

Most popular