Ronaldo has been in the Spanish capital since leaving Old Trafford in 2009 and it has been reported that Mourinho urged United not to re-sign the forward.
The pair worked together at Real Madrid and will come head-to-head in this season’s Champions League group stage.
“Juventus is one of the teams in Europe that invested to win the Champions League because they don’t need to invest to win the Scudetto,” Mourinho said after the 2-0 win at Burnley. “They win the Scudetto for six or seven years.
“The objective is clearly to win the Champions League, which they were close twice when they reached the final, so they are a top team in Europe that made one of the biggest spending – I think after Liverpool it must be them.
“Fantastic players – Cristiano, (Emre) Can and (Leonardo) Bonucci. Absolutely top.
“But they are going to have two very difficult matches against us.
“Cristiano was never on my table to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to Cristiano to come to us. It was never on the table.”
However, it has been revealed that United pulled the plug on any hopes over signing the 33-year-old because of Mourinho.
The Portuguese, who previously worked with Ronaldo when he was Los Blancos boss, apparently felt Real’s £90 million asking price was too much.
Strengthening defence over attack, was also a priority for Mourinho, although that didn’t materialise during last month’s transfer window.
“It is normal that [Thursday] he was angry because last year he scored 15 goals in the Champions League and together with Luka Modric and everyone else at Real Madrid they won the Champions League, so he was very upset but this that he continues to work and he wants to continue to be the best and for us that is an advantage,” Allegri said.
See Allegri’s full comments in the video below.