Silva returned to former club Watford to make the 21-year-old his first signing in a £40million deal in late July.
That drew some scrutiny as the player scored just five times in 41 appearances in his one season at Vicarage Road and did not find the net after late November.
But Silva said there were similar noises a year ago when Everton spent £30m on a then 23-year-old Jordan Pickford – who subsequently went on to become England’s first-choice goalkeeper at the World Cup.
“I can speak to you about what happened one year ago when we took Jordan Pickford and everyone was talking about it at that moment,” said the Portuguese ahead of the trip to Premier League newcomers Wolves.
“Now no-one is talking about his value. The value the club paid to take him here is normal in football. The market now is really difficult.
“If the player will perform well and do the best to achieve our goals at the end no-one will speak about the price.”
Everton were busy on deadline day, signing three players in forward Bernard, a free agent, and Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes.
The Toffees will pay a total of £28.5million (£27.2m up front with a further £1.3m in add-ons) after the Colombia centre-back signed a five-year contract, with Gomes joining on a season-long loan which does not have an option to buy.
None of the trio will be considered for the trip to Molineux but Silva is happy with their summer business, which also saw Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma – twice capped by France – join on loan for the season on Friday.
“Before we start to talk about the new players (it was) fantastic support from the owner (Farhad Moshiri), the chairman (Bill Kenwright) and Marcel (Brands, director of football),” he added.
“They tried to do everything to sign new players for us and we sold some players and sent some on loan. We are happy with the players who stayed in the squad and the players we bring in.”
Zouma spent last season on loan at Stoke and has made 71 appearances for Chelsea, without ever making a regular spot his own.
Silva is still looking to offload a number of players before the transfer window closes in the rest of Europe, but one who he does not want to lose is Ademola Lookman.
The 20-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at RB Leipzig and the Bundesliga side are keen to sign him on a permanent basis, but the Toffees boss is determined not to let that happen.
“Of course he is in my plans. He is an important player for us, he is a good player with good talent,” said the Toffees boss.
“He went on loan and improved and was happy there and now is our moment to make him happy here and to improve his qualities as he is our present and future.”
Although the Premier League transfer window closed on Thursday evening, other European clubs can buy players from England until the end of August.
Welbeck, 27, had been linked with a move away from the Emirates Stadium with the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette and Henrikh Mkhitaryan ahead of him in the pecking order.
Valencia are one club to have reportedly shown an interest in the former Manchester United man – who was part of Gareth Southgate’s squad which reached the World Cup semi-finals in Russia.
Emery explained that Welbeck will not be involved in Arsenal’s Premier League opener against champions Manchester City on Sunday following his exploits with England.
But the new head coach – set to take charge of his first competitive game since replacing Arsene Wenger – believes only three players will be allowed to depart over the course of the month, and Welbeck is not one of them.
“Yesterday, the window closed here in the Premier League. Today, we had a meeting with the players to close all the possibilities to bring more players,” said Emery.
“We only have three players: Carl Jenkinson, David Ospina and Joel Campbell, with the possibility to leave. But the other players are with us and we are going to work in the Emirates the day before the match with all the players.”
Emery could not have been handed a more difficult start to life at Arsenal with a trip to Chelsea following on from the visit of City.
But the 46-year-old former Paris St Germain boss is looking forward to taking on fellow Spaniard Pep Guardiola in his Gunners bow.
“We are excited,” he said.
“We have a lot of ambition to start well on Sunday against the last winners of the Premier League. Also, I think that it’s a big and great match that we can play to start this season.
“It’s more easy to speak here than to do it on the pitch. City, I think, after two years of working with Guardiola they have more stability, more security and when you watch City’s matches, they are playing with a very, very great confidence in themselves.
“Also, I think that Guardiola’s coaching is clear in this team. For that, we are working this week and preparing for this game and preparing for the opposition against City as a collective and as individual players.
“Above all, it’s about confidence in ourselves to play the best match on Sunday. We are to think only to win the match.”
The team news for this weekendhttps://t.co/etEqbvn2H5— Arsenal FC News (@ArsenalFC_fl) August 10, 2018
Emery also risked the early wrath of the Arsenal supporters as he suggested majority shareholder Stan Kroenke’s move to take complete control of the club is a positive thing.
Many fans were unhappy with the news that Kroenke is on the verge of buying out Alisher Usmanov, with the Arsenal Supporters Trust labelling the news as a “dreadful day” for the club.
“I met the Kroenke family in Atlanta and he gave us his commitment in this project with Arsenal,” added Emery.
“For me, it’s positive and his commitment is for me, to Arsenal, the most important.”
Arsenal take on City without injured defensive duo Laurent Koscielny and Sead Kolasinac, while Aaron Ramsey will be hoping to be fit to take his place in midfield.
The pair both missed last weekend’s Community Shield victory over Chelsea at Wembley after enjoying delayed summer breaks following the World Cup.
De Bruyne and Sterling, who reached the semi-finals in Russia with Belgium and England respectively, returned to training on Monday and have quickly got back up to speed.
“They are available,” said Guardiola at his pre-match press conference. “Raheem and Kevin arrived quite well.
“Three weeks off is not too much time after the World Cup and both arrived in the perfect way.
“Sterling was fit in four or five days. He’s not a big guy who needs training, he’s sharp so it’s easy.
“Kevin arrived in the perfect way. He’s going to be a father for the second time. He must look after his wife – that’s why he came back in a perfect way.”
Guardiola confirmed that City failed in their bid to obtain a work permit for Brazilian midfielder Douglas Luiz this week.
The 20-year-old, a £10million signing in 2017, was loaned out to Girona last season and is now likely to be sent out again for the coming season.
Guardiola had hoped to bolster his midfield options with Luiz after failing in an attempt to sign Jorginho, who opted to join Chelsea from Napoli.
City did not get endorsement from the football Association for their work permit application and Guardiola was unhappy with the decision.
Guardiola said: “He’s not allowed. We are going to try to help him to go on loan again and try to get the work permit.
“It’s so difficult for me to understand. One guy who doesn’t see the player or any training sessions every day has to judge if (Douglas) has the ability and quality to play.
“I accept the rules but I don’t understand. I am so sad and disappointed for Douglas because he could help us.”
Guardiola hinted the club may have tried harder to sign additional players before Thursday’s transfer deadline had the decision been communicated earlier.
He said: “I would have preferred it if it wasn’t announced yesterday. If they decide the rules are the rules, let me know 15 days ago and maybe we can decide what we can do.”
Guardiola said he did not know on what criteria the application had failed.
He said: “I don’t know – not tall enough, doesn’t play enough, games in the past or something like that.”
One of the more unlikely stories of the summer saw Guardiola linked with the managerial vacancy for the Argentina national side.
Argentinian football Association president Claudio Tapia claimed an approach was made to Guardiola but the City boss was too expensive.
Guardiola said: “I’m a little bit disappointed because he cannot say (that). To know that he has to know my salary.
“Nobody contacted me because of course I have a contract and I want to stay here with this project until the end. It was not correct to say the reason why.”
He added: “The Argentina national team has to have an Argentinian manager.”