The Frenchman, who currently has a thigh injury, was fined £50,000 and banned from driving for 20 months for the offence which occurred in August.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino supported his goalkeeper in the wake of his arrest, handing him the armband for the game at Manchester United, and has done so again, even though the full details of Lloris’ crime were laid bare in court on Wednesday.
Asked whether Lloris, who was found to be twice the legal limit and had a passenger in the car, would remain captain, Pochettino said: “Of course.”
The head coach added: “Of course he’s the first that regrets everything, and all that happened yesterday is not good.
“Of course he doesn’t feel great. He said he was guilty of this situation and it’s irresponsible. He’s a man. But I think the most important thing is everyone can make a mistake. He made a mistake and he’s suffering all the punishment of society.
“He’s punishing himself. But of course we’re not God, that we can judge people.
“Only we need to try, that he understands, and how he understands that it was a mistake. Then we’re all men and women and we can all make mistakes.
“That is a massive lesson for everyone. He’s the first, he told me, ‘Gaffer it’s a massive lesson for me. I made a mistake and now I need to pay’.
“Like a man that he is, he’s going to pay and accept everything.”
Lloris picked up his thigh problem in that win at Old Trafford and Pochettino on Thursday revealed that he will be out for several weeks, starting with Liverpool’s visit to Wembley on Saturday.
Dele Alli will also miss out with a hamstring injury he sustained playing for England last week.
Spurs will have Heung-min Son available after his lengthy stint on international duty with South Korea.
Son helped his country to win the Asian Games, which means he will be excused from military service.
Pochettino was pleased a gamble in allowing a key player to miss a month of the season has been rewarded.
“First of all I want to congratulate him, because it’s such an important victory to avoid the military service,” he said. “It’s a big point for him.
“Then to congratulate the club because the club has protected a big asset.
“That is so important. But in all this history, where is my present? I told him today where is my present Sonny? I want a watch or some Korean food.
“Because when we saw in the past that different clubs didn’t allow [him] to go to play in this tournament. Who took the risk? I did.
“Rather than congratulate him and the club people need to say to congratulate me and say thank you. I allowed him to go there.
“In the past or in the future, I don’t know how many managers are going to allow him to help the club and help the players and take a risk that affects the present. That is why I said to Sonny ‘I’m waiting for my present’.
“He’s travelled a lot and yes I hope that for the weekend he’ll be available to play or be on the bench.
“If not, we’re not going to take a risk because he missed a lot of games and we have ahead of lot of games to play. It’s not a moment to take risks now.”
Know more about Sport360 Application
Ruben Loftus-Cheek insists he is focused solely on breaking into the Chelsea side after starting England’s friendly victory over Switzerland.
The 22-year-old impressed while of loan at Crystal Palace last season, earning a World Cup call-up with his dynamic displays which helped keep the Eagles in the Premier League.
He opted to remain at Stamford Bridge this year in an attempt to break into the first team on a regular basis under new boss Maurizio Sarri.
So far he has struggled to do so, playing just 33 minutes of football for the Blues in two substitute appearances this term.
Loftus-Cheek started England’s 1-0 win at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday evening and has now racked up more international football than he has at club level.
Asked if he could head back to Palace in January, Loftus-Cheek replied: “Possibly, but it is still far away, there are still a lot of games to play and I just have to see what happens.
“Right now I am at Chelsea and my focus is at Chelsea and learning at Chelsea. That is in the future and we will deal with that when it comes.
“I’m not sure when I am going to play. It is just down to me working hard in training, I don’t know
Sergio Aguero believes he is in “fantastic” shape after undergoing knee surgery in the summer.
The prolific Manchester City striker missed the last month of last season’s Premier League title-winning campaign to go under the knife.
The 30-year-old seems to have put fitness issues behind him by making a positive start to the new campaign, with a hat-trick against Huddersfield last month among five goals he has already scored.
Aguero told the club’s website: “Honestly, I feel fantastic. Dr (Ramon) Cugat did amazing work with my knee and now I don’t feel any sort of discomfort.
“During the past few years, I felt pains at times and when last season came to an end, we decided it would be best to start treatment. And the results were very positive.
“I’m not sure if this is the best start (to) a season for me, but it’s the best I’ve felt in years. It shows in my game.
“The challenge now is keeping up this level, and I’ll be working non-stop to maintain it.”