Here we take a look at some key stats ahead of what promises to be an entertaining game of football.
– Simeone is the only non-European coach – indeed the only one from outside Spain and Portugal – to have won the UEFA Europa League.
– Atlético have not beaten a French club in France since September 1961, when they won 3-2 at Sedan in the first round of their triumphant European Cup Winners’ Cup campaign
– Marseille skipper Dimitri Payet has recorded seven assists in this season’s UEFA Europa League, the most in the competition.
– Marseille have been involved in four previous major UEFA competition finals, while Atlético Madrid will be competing in their ninth – and fifth in the past nine seasons.
– Marseille’s sole victory in four major UEFA competition final appearances came in the 1992/93 UEFA Champions League with a 1-0 win against Milan in Munich.
– Four players have scored twice in the fixture – Diego Forlán (Atlético) in 2010, Radamel Falcao (Atlético) in 2012, Carlos Bacca (Sevilla) in 2015 and Coke (Sevilla) in 2016; there has yet to be a hat-trick.
– This is the ninth UEFA Europa League final. The previous eight have yielded 21 goals at an average of 2.625 per game. The biggest winning margin was Atlético’s 3-0 win against Athletic Club in 2012
Know more about Sport360 Application