Gareth Bale left out of Real Madrid squad for friendly against RB Salzburg

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Gareth Bale has been left out of the Real Madrid squad for their pre-season friendly with RB Salzburg.

Bale missed Real’s trip to Germany for the Audi Cup last week after his proposed transfer to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning collapsed.

It is understood Bale skipped the trip as he was furious with his treatment at the hands of Real boss Zinedine Zidane and president Florentino Perez and felt he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

The Wales forward’s future at the Bernabeu has been uncertain since Zidane returned to manage Real for a second time in March.

Bale and Zidane did not get on during the Frenchman’s first spell between 2016 and 2018.

And Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett said last month: “It’s simple, Zidane doesn’t like Gareth.

“There’s no relationship between them. There never has been.”

Bale, 30, who signed from Tottenham in 2013 for a then-world record fee of £85million, has three years left on his Real contract.

With the Premier League transfer window closing at 5pm on Thursday there would appear little scope for Bale to return to England at this moment.

But the transfer window in Spain is open until September 2 and Bale could still leave Real in the next few weeks.

The future of James Rodriguez, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at Bayern Munich, is also uncertain as the Colombia playmaker was left out of Real’s 20-man squad for Wednesday’s game in Austria.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular

WATCH: Barcelona outcast Malcom looking forward to Zenit adventure

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Barcelona have agreed to sell Brazilian forward Malcom to Zenit St. Petersburg for 40 million euros – and the 22-year-old is planning on helping his new team go ‘all the way’.

The Spanish champions said Friday that the deal also includes add-ons of another five million euros if certain unspecified conditions are met, and a sell-on clause.

Malcom joined Barcelona from Bordeaux last year in a deal worth 41 million euros,  but the 22-year-old only scored four goals in 24 appearances in his one season at the club.

“The decision was very quick. Having spoken with my agents and my whole family, I decided on Zenit because it is a big club with a lot of expression in Europe and I’m very happy,” he said.


“Zenit is a big club, everyone in Europe knows Zenit and here I am here to help my team-mates and the staff to go all the way.”








Watch the full video above



Most popular

Related Tags

Jose Mourinho admits he is missing football and is "full of fire"

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Jose Mourinho is keen to return to management but has stressed he is waiting for the right opportunity.

The Portuguese, who was sacked by Manchester United in December, says he is missing football and is “full of fire”.

His focus is on returning to club management, in either the top-flights in England, Spain, Germany, Italy or France.

Mourinho told Sky Sports News: “I have some time to think, to rethink, to analyse and what I feel is exactly that ‘Ze’ (Mourinho’s nickname as a boy) is full of fire.

“My friends tell me ‘enjoy your time, enjoy your July, enjoy your August, enjoy what you never had’. Honestly, I can’t enjoy. I am not happy enough to enjoy. I miss my football, I have the fire.

“The most difficult thing for me is to say ‘no’ to the possibilities I had to work.

“I have to be patient and wait for the right one and the right one is one at the dimension of what I am as a manager.

“I have to be patient and that is the most difficult thing because I had the impulse during this period so many times (to say) ‘yes, I go’. No, I cannot go. I cannot go. I have to wait exactly for the right one.”

Mourinho had been linked with a return to Inter Milan before they appointed Antonio Conte.

Mourinho had been linked with a return to Inter Milan before they appointed Antonio Conte.

Mourinho is learning German but says he is not thinking specifically of going to the Bundesliga, adding: “No club is waiting for me, nobody knocked at my door.”

When asked if it would still have to be one of the ‘big five’ European leagues to attract him, the former Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid boss said “yes”.

He added: “If you tell me a club in another country, to fight to be champion, to build something special, to bring that club in that country to a different level – maybe, who knows. But my focus is on the biggest ones.”

Mourinho also insists international management is something he may do in the future.

“A national team job for me…one match per month? Lots of office. No pitch. No matches. Wait two years for a European Championship, wait two years for a World Cup….no. Still no,” the 56-year-old said.

“But one day maybe, if not Portugal then another country. Because when I go to the World Cups, the Euros, when I am there in the centre of that event, I have the feeling one day I want to do it.

“Then I think it is not the job for me. But maybe one day – and, if it is Portugal, obviously I would be very proud.”

Most popular