The former Bordeaux winger snubbed Italian club AS Roma on a dramatic transfer deadline day in the summer to sign for the Catalan giants.
However, the Brazilian’s impact at Barcelona has hardly been felt with the winger making only two substitute appearances so far for the club.
Now, the 21-year-old’s agent Junior Minguella has shed light on Malcom’s frustrations with the lack of playing time.
“Every player needs a period of adaptation and minutes on the pitch to prove their worth,” Minguella told RAC1.
“He hasn’t had them yet, but he’ll prove his worth when he does play.
“He doesn’t like the situation, but he’s focused and very motivated.”
Since moving to Barcelona, Malcom has so far totalled a meagre 25 minutes in his two appearances. The youngster has found himself behind Ousmane Dembele in manager Ernesto Valverde’s pecking order.
Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal “lacked respect” for his teammates by complaining on social media about not playing enough, the club’s sporting director Pep Segura said Thursday.
Chilean international Vidal has started only two games for the Catalan giants since his summer move to the Nou Camp from Bayern Munich.
The former Juventus man is up against Croatia’s Ivan Rakitic and Brazilian trio Philippe Coutinho, Arthur and Rafinha for places in a quality-packed Barca midfield.
He recently took his frustration out by posting messages on his Instagram account featuring angry or frustrated emojis, notably following Barca’s 4-2 Champions League win over Tottenham.
Segura, speaking to the Catalan daily Sport, said: “A professional has to show respect for his team-mates, for the dressing room and for the coach even if the decisions that are taken are not always the ones he expects.”
“Vidal knows he’s made a mistake and that he’s lacked respect for his teammates. I’m sure he will make amends.”
Barca coach Ernesto Valverde, meanwhile, suggested he was not aware of Vidal’s complaints.
“We’re a team,” Valverde said at the weekend.
“I don’t know what the players are putting on social media but no one tells me anything.
“Maybe Arturo is angry because of a domestic accident, what do I know?”
Real Madrid star Isco is nearing a full return as he steps up his recovery from appendicitis surgery.
The 26-year-old last played against Espanyol in La Liga on September 22nd and has missed Real’s last four matches – three of which ended in defeat.
Isco trained on his own on Tuesday and will continue to ease back into action, with one eye on selection for Los Blancos next game against Levante on October 20.