Salah, 26, and the Egyptian Football Association have previously been at loggerheads due to a disagreement over image rights.
Now the conflict has flared up again after the striker and his lawyer accused the FA of failing to respond to a list of requests dealing with the player’s treatment.
Salah’s lawyer Ramy Abbas Issa said the demands involved the player’s “well-being whilst with the national team, and assurances that the image rights violations wouldn’t happen again”.
In an angry rebuttal the football federation said Monday that it would not accept the requests, blasting some as “illogical” and insisting it would not “favour one player over another”.
Salah hit back with a pair of Facebook videos, insisting he was asking for better security for the whole squad at team hotels – after strangers were given access to his room during the World Cup.
“I have never seen anyone go up to the room of any player to sit with him in his room,” Salah said, speaking in Arabic. “This has not happened throughout my long stay in Europe.”
“I do not want privileges, I do not mind being answered and the inability to complete my requests. I just want to be in my room, I do not want to let someone I do not know in my room at any time.”
Salah also complained about flight arrangements for national team matches, which he said were hampering preparations.
“My requests are normal,” he said.
“We have a private jet, which is great, but it must be business class. I spoke with an African player in my team (Liverpool).
“Everyone knows him – without mentioning his name – and assured me that all his trips are in this category.”
“It is impossible to feel comfortable when we sit three players next to each other, especially on long journeys. These are difficult for us.”
The Reds front-man rebuked the FA’s claims he wanted special treatment
“I do not want to be in the business class and the rest of the players in the lower class,” he said. “We are all like each other. All I have demanded is for me and for the national team in general.”
He finished by criticizing the Egyptian FA’s response.
“The federation said everything in the conference and tried to make me out in a way that is hostile to Egypt,” said Salah.
“If I had any mistake, it is possible to reply. Everyone knows how I’m playing and loving with the national team and I do not want anything (different).”
The mounting tension comes ahead of Egypt’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against Niger on September 8.
Mohamed Salah will be just as dangerous this season as he was last term, according to Roy Hodgson.
The Crystal Palace boss has warned his Eagles to beware Egypt forward Salah in Monday night’s Premier League clash at Selhurst Park.
Hodgson, a former Liverpool manager, believes the Reds are ready for a Premier League title tilt under Jurgen Klopp, and expects Salah to repeat the heroics that catapulted him to 44 goals in 2017-18.
“There’s no doubt in my mind that he will be good this season because of the qualities he possesses,” said Hodgson.
“But of course for him and his club, people will keep cranking up expectations and that’s not a great thing to have to deal with either for the player or the club.
“You’re playing against players who cost a lot of money, players who have a very strong pedigree, players whose technical ability is very good, whose physical capacity is good.
“I don’t know that you can necessarily stop them for 90 minutes from getting anywhere near your goal – that might be too strong an objective.
“But we hope we can keep them quiet enough for us to get enough of the ball and cause them enough problems to get a result in the game, it really isn’t more complicated than that.”
Backing the Reds to push the likes of reigning champions Manchester City all the way this term, Hodgson continued: “It’s a big club. It’s a long time since I was there.
“The people who employed me weren’t the people who took over the club and have carried it forward.
“It was a very different Liverpool that I joined to the one we see today, because the one we see today has had a lot of money invested in it. We didn’t have any money to spend. They’ve spent a few bob over the last couple of years.
“Liverpool have been good for, say, the last two seasons. They’re getting better all the time and last season was a marvellous season for them, reaching the Champions League final.
“This year they are looking, if anything, ready to kick on from that and mount an even stronger challenge in the league.”
A video posted online appeared to show the player sitting in traffic as a number of people, including children, gathered near his car before he drove off.
A Liverpool spokesman said: “The club, after discussion with the player, have made Merseyside Police aware of the footage and the circumstances surrounding its capture.
“We have spoken to the player also and will deal with any follow-up internally.
“Neither the club or player will be making any further comment on this matter.”
Merseyside Police said: “We have been made aware of a video believed to show a footballer using a mobile phone whilst driving.
“This has been passed to the relevant department. Thanks for letting us know.”